Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chapel Hill, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live on Tesla @ChrisC

1659379225707.png

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC and 101dals
Not a great experience/site. We stopped by mid-morning on a drive back from the beach and the parking lot was packed with people camping in Starbucks perusing their laptops. All but 2 of the chargers were iced, some by people chilling in their cars. Given how close the superchargers are spaced along this stretch of I40, I will be doing my best to reduce the crowds at this one by avoiding, and would suggest you do the same.

It's a slammed site for sure, parking is at a premium during the day.
And at night weird things are going on there too, it felt like a "park and ride" parking lot. I didn't feel unsafe but that "people watching" was really interesting.

I stopped to charge here the other night and 3 of the stalls were taken up being ICE'd. It looks like 2 of the cars were doing a kid exchange (mom/dad and step parents kind of thing) and there were a few other odd people getting dropped off and picked up while I was there charging too, also some people just sitting in their cars. I am not sure if the wifi from Chic-fila reaches those closer Tesla charging spots or what could be the reason people were parked there but it is definitely a busy/weird location.

And at night weird things are going on there too, it felt like a "park and ride" parking lot. I didn't feel unsafe but that "people watching" was really interesting.

I stopped to charge here the other night and 3 of the stalls were taken up being ICE'd. It looks like 2 of the cars were doing a kid exchange (mom/dad and step parents kind of thing) and there were a few other odd people getting dropped off and picked up while I was there charging too, also some people just sitting in their cars. I am not sure if the wifi from Chic-fila reaches those closer Tesla charging spots or what could be the reason people were parked there but it is definitely a busy/weird location.
Yah, there is some oddity generally in the parking lot. I don’t think it’s at all unsafe, but it does seem likely that maybe some folks from just to the west are driving there for internet access. Last time I was in town I used that one and there was some strange thing going on with cops, a lock picking device, a teenager outside a car and a teenager inside a car.
The parking lot does seem tight generally but also seems more full outside normal coffee hours than you would expect.
I can’t remember, are there signs that limit ICE use on those charger slots?