Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chapel Hill, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 7453ED23-7514-40E3-A3FD-CA0C1D0614AA.jpeg
    7453ED23-7514-40E3-A3FD-CA0C1D0614AA.jpeg
    665.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 4E6024E1-EE62-489B-98EE-156B85FC8BA5.jpeg
    4E6024E1-EE62-489B-98EE-156B85FC8BA5.jpeg
    764.3 KB · Views: 117
I will be going to Chapel Hill on Friday to pick up my son for the holiday break. I will also try to stop by and take pictures of this site.

@CHGolferJim judged correctly. It is a tight parking lot.

I got into Chapel Hill right before 5pm. Very easy to get into the parking lot. Right off of I-40 Eastbound onto NC 86 South, then right onto Eubanks Road, then first right into the parking lot. There's a light at 86 and Eubanks, so getting back out shouldn't be bad, either.

There were a few workers there. I chatted with them, and they confirmed 8 Tesla Superchargers. (I noticed the first one, closest to the road, is a pull-in spot. The rest are back-in.) They hope be finished with construction by Christmas Eve, and they said the tentative go-live date is Jan. 9, 2022. They were the same crew who built the site a exit east, at 15-501 and 40.

I'm not much of a photographer, but I tried to take pics showing where the chargers are in relation to Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A.

chapel_hill_supercharger_starbucks.jpg

chapel_hill_supercharger_chick-fil-a.jpg

@CHGolferJim judged correctly. It is a tight parking lot.

I got into Chapel Hill right before 5pm. Very easy to get into the parking lot. Right off of I-40 Eastbound onto NC 86 South, then right onto Eubanks Road, then first right into the parking lot. There's a light at 86 and Eubanks, so getting back out shouldn't be bad, either.

There were a few workers there. I chatted with them, and they confirmed 8 Tesla Superchargers. (I noticed the first one, closest to the road, is a pull-in spot. The rest are back-in.) They hope be finished with construction by Christmas Eve, and they said the tentative go-live date is Jan. 9, 2022. They were the same crew who built the site a exit east, at 15-501 and 40.

I'm not much of a photographer, but I tried to take pics showing where the chargers are in relation to Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A.

View attachment 742908
View attachment 742909
Nice photos of a very early stage of construction we don’t get to see very often! I suppose the owners are planning for the future since this is close to the edge of the whole development and there is quite a bit of empty land.

Reactions: vanjwilson
Ok, help me out here, I'm quite confused with this one. Just went over there, and follow me here ... there are 3 charging stacks (cabinets) that historically support 4 v3 stalls per cabinet. My math tells me 12 is the result. There WERE 12 spaces, 6+6 with a median thing in the middle. There are now 11 spaces 5+6. The 5 spaces are due to possibly a handicapped? widened space with hatchmark space on the side. See image below.

BUT we aren't done. There are 11 spaces but there are only 10 pedestals, and 10 signs. The space next to the ultra-wide space has no pedestal and as far as I can tell no conduit run to it, just see grass there. Sooo .. perhaps there will be more added at a later date as the parking will be expanded at some point soon but I see no other conduit run to the undeveloped section. Don't know. Just weird to start with 12 spaces and 3 stacks and end up with 10 charging pedestals in the end. To top it off, a truck with extra concrete bases for the pedestals pulled out while I was there and headed east on I40.

IMG_7851.jpg
IMG_7853.jpg

Reactions: DavidAsheville