Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chapel Hill, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll go back over tonight and walk around to take an even closer look (from outside the fence, not going to trespass on the construction site) to see if there are any more clues as to why this looks currently like an oddball 10 stall. My best guess at the moment is that there was some local ordinance about handicapped accessibility that caused them to widen that spot, losing the ability to have the full install, perhaps after the plans were done and equipment shipped. Still odd they didn't just go with an 11 stall though maybe there is an issue with odd numbers or something. Who knows.

Of course that first pair of stalls sharing the whole first charging stack could be the rumored pilot of the 500 kW stalls. And by rumored, I mean completely fabricated nonsense that I just made up to stir the pot.

I literally LOLed at "2B THICC"
First thing I thought of when I saw that space. That's not lens distortion...
IMG_7862.jpg

Also, went by just now and there is no conduit anywhere else that I can see. This appears, at least for now, to be a weird 10 stall with one hella-thicc space.

First thing I thought of when I saw that space. That's not lens distortion...
View attachment 749375

Also, went by just now and there is no conduit anywhere else that I can see. This appears, at least for now, to be a weird 10 stall with one hella-thicc space.
I think they are installing accessible spaces at new locations. I'm guessing this big one is for that, though the marking is odd.

We came up to Chapel Hill this afternoon to take my son out for his birthday. Stopped by this location, even though I doubted anything had been done since Thursday, with all the winter weather. (Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A were closed because of the snow.)

Plugged in, but there was no power.

I'm not sure what the transformer is supposed to look like. There were two sets of white cabinets. (one set on the end of the row in the picture, and a pair of larger ones side by side between the middle of the row and the other end)
chapel-hill-suc-jpg.759044

Attachments

• chapel hill suc.jpg
    chapel hill suc.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 229
Reactions: mociaf9