Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger charging not up to date on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how the "current charges" on the "Charging" screen is updated to what's actually going on? My nearest Supercharger is at a Tesla sales center, and when I'm charging there, it does not show any charges on my screen, even though I am being charged as with any other Supercharger. It used to show $0.00 while charging there, and last week it was still showing the cost of my last Supercharger session that was at a different Supercharger the week before.

Why would it not show the charges on the screen at that location? I'm wondering if this is because it's at a Sales Center and it's not an issue, or if it is a fault that I need to have checked out.

Are you sure you are being charged? Mine has been showing the last charge price of a charge I did in December 2020 for months. This was the last charge I did before they enabled the free year of supercharging for vehicles delivered in December 2020 in mid January.

Maybe they have given you free supercharging or someone used your referral code.

Yes, I'm sure......the invoices are in my account, and my credit card is being charged. The first times I was there without a charge showing on the screen, I wondered if it was free, but I became suspicious that that would be too good to be true, and so checked my account on line.

I just had this happen for my first non-free supercharger visit (meaning I've never seen this work properly, all my supercharging to the point was free from using a referral code). I was charged for the stop, but when selecting the super charger on the map, it did not show any rate information and the "Current Session" just showed $0.00 the entire time, including when I stopped charging. I had no indication at all what the rate was or how much I was being charged until the invoice hit my Tesla.com account.

I kinda thought maybe it was still free and sat there a bit longer than I would have if I had known I was paying because I just needed a little boost to get home.

I'm now actually a little weirded out because I have no idea how to check charger rates before hand nor see them while charging. They're just a mystery until I log into my Tesla account in a browser. I'm sitting in the car right now selecting different superchargers from the map and I get no rate information. In the phone app I am also not seeing rate information. The various browser based maps I have found also do not have rate information.

I'm now actually a little weirded out because I have no idea how to check charger rates before hand nor see them while charging.
That's just not working right for you right now. Normally that is supposed to work. I think this is just lag in their systems updating, because you said this is very soon immediately after your time period of free Supercharging ran out. So I think this is just it taking a few days for their systems to switch and get sync'ed up with it now being regular fees for the Supercharging. And maybe something is glitched so it didn't automatically switch over correctly, so you might need to file a support request through the app to get it updated manually.

That's just not working right for you right now. Normally that is supposed to work. I think this is just lag in their systems updating, because you said this is very soon immediately after your time period of free Supercharging ran out. So I think this is just it taking a few days for their systems to switch and get sync'ed up with it now being regular fees for the Supercharging. And maybe something is glitched so it didn't automatically switch over correctly, so you might need to file a support request through the app to get it updated manually.
My free charging ended in January, but it looks like Tesla is aware of the free supercharging hangover. I guess if I had manually reboot the car (updates don't count) after my free charging period ended it wouldn't have happened.

I really wish more things were available cross platform (Car, App, and Web); I mean, I don't just sit in my car. There is no reason they don't have a supercharger map with rates online and even less reason for them to not show in the App. As it is, when I select one on the screen in the car the navigation pane covers have the info and closing the navigation pane deselects the supercharger.