Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lachenaie, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look like the supercharger at Charlemagne is underconstruction!!!

Located at the IGA extra near the costco.

Attachments

• 20190519_170712.jpg
    20190519_170712.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 535
  • 20190519_170447.jpg
    20190519_170447.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 417
  • 20190519_170435.jpg
    20190519_170435.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 412
This is 5 minutes from my home and my kids daycare is like 1 minute from there. Can update often. Can't believe I didn't saw that lol.

This parking lot is often full so i'm guessing it will be iced often but it seems to be on the side of the IGA so it will be less popular the be ICED.

This would also be named Terrebonne not Charlemagne.

@BlueShift

Nice find! Is there any way to confirm that this is Tesla and not ElectrifyAmerica^H^H^H^H^H^H^HCanada or someone else?
Well..
1- the conduit arrangement is exactly like a tesla site. Ex: une tube per parking space, all going to a central location (the chargers) . Then a few more tube from that location to a few feet away on the same pad (AC to DC converter) then 2 big tube from that location to the future transformator location..
2- tesla have been displaying Charlemagne as a futur site for a supercharger for years
3- There is no electrify america site un Québec yet.

I would say this is a Supercharger. However, there are no boxes or any other significant evidence of it. Also, on the photos Xfaktor posted, there are 7 thick conduits and 4 others that looks like they are for smaller chargers (FLO). Is there another conduit that was outside of the images? Also, has anyone asked the IGA staff/manager about this electrical?

Well..
1- the conduit arrangement is exactly like a tesla site. Ex: une tube per parking space, all going to a central location (the chargers) . Then a few more tube from that location to a few feet away on the same pad (AC to DC converter) then 2 big tube from that location to the future transformator location..
2- tesla have been displaying Charlemagne as a futur site for a supercharger for years
3- There is no electrify america site un Québec yet.

I would say this is a Supercharger. However, there are no boxes or any other significant evidence of it. Also, on the photos Xfaktor posted, there are 7 thick conduits and 4 others that looks like they are for smaller chargers (FLO). Is there another conduit that was outside of the images? Also, has anyone asked the IGA staff/manager about this electrical?

Thanks - I've added this to supercharge.info under "Terrabonne, QC".

I actually added this location on PlugShare yesterday to see what the general public thinks this is. First, I put it as a wall outlet, then someone changed it to a Tesla, then someone else changed it to a CHAdeMO/CCS charger for Circuit Électrique. Seems a bit controversial IMO.
17C5D130-1DD9-42D6-8771-A09DC0EB6E2C.png

I don't think there is any known Electrify Canada site yet, at least not in Eastern Canada.

In proportion to the number of TDI vehicles sold, the "voluntary" Electrify Canada plans are about 20 times smaller than the mandated Electrify America ones. This translates to only two sites in the entire Montreal area. They will probably put them off the A40 or A20. I will be surprised if the put one off the 640 in Terrebonne.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq