Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charleston, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning on doing a trip to Charleston, SC this summer. Does anyone know what the status is on the supercharger?

most recent info from Tesla is:

Coming Soon

Target opening in 2019
Exact timing and specific location may vary
Tesla continues to pass over Charleston, they keep moving the supercharger target date back. The City of Charleston has a few J1772 chargers in the muni parking ramps which helps but obviously a supercharger station is well past due for this major tourist destination.
The 2021 PGA is scheduled for Kiawah island and absolutely no one is thinking about how they are going to handle all the Tesla’s. There is one destination charger on Kiawah and it is for hotel guests only. All Tesla owners going to Kiawah have to charge at Santee which is 95 miles from the island.

Reactions: Dolemite
Charleston only has destination chargers. Holiday INN, 301 Savannah Hwy. as you approach from the south and as an entrance to downtown Charleston. 205 Meeting Street right at the Market. Charleston Place used to be called the Omni Hotel. Very nice.Easy walk around in comfortable weather. But center of town. 55 Wentworth St. Eclectic Hotel just down from the Market. Very nice as well.
We need Super Chargers outside Charleston at the Citadel Mall now called the Epic. Right off 526 and 10 miles from 1-26. Great place to locate some if possible.

I am supposed to go this weekend and debating taking the ICE instead.

Where does one park while in town besides parking decks. Any hotels have charging that you know of?

In addition to destination chargers there are multiple Chademo chargers around town. If you know someone with a Chademo adapter you can borrow that would work. Those charge at < 50 kW but still much faster than destination chargers. Check PlugShare for locations and ratings.

Excuse my language, but F U C K YEAHHHH!!!

This info is from the president of the Charleston Tesla group

B0D9B6DC-4491-4E93-8234-BD678F063100.jpeg

So, I'm 90% sure I know where the construction is for this super charger. Drove by there yesterday and there isn't much else it could be. No Tesla equipment on site, but it is fenced off and obvious power line runs with concrete pads for the pedestals. I was going to take some pictures, but the lot was a little busy and there were guys working on it at the time. Couldn't find any permits for the work, but the city doesn't publish permits online and the county permit search site is trash.

Mellow Mushroom
4855 Tanger Outlet Blvd, North Charleston SC 29418

Now I'm 100% sure. Mellow Mushroom has a lease agreement filed with the county to "ALL FOUR ONE HOLDINGS LLC" for that address. That holding company filed a Right of Way easement grant to Dominion Energy on Sept 14th, 2020 for that property. The line is named "Tesla Charging (Mellow Mushroom)". I've attached the PDF of the easement filing.

Attachments

• ALL FOUR ONE HOLDINGS LLC - -.pdf
    135.9 KB · Views: 82
Now I'm 100% sure. Mellow Mushroom has a lease agreement filed with the county to "ALL FOUR ONE HOLDINGS LLC" for that address. That holding company filed a Right of Way easement grant to Dominion Energy on Sept 14th, 2020 for that property. The line is named "Tesla Charging (Mellow Mushroom)". I've attached the PDF of the easement filing.
This is great news! Traveling to Charleston just became way easier!

Reactions: srjinatl
Great detective work!

Construction is well underway!! Cabinets and bollards have already been installed

View attachment 598806 View attachment 598807

See my attached pictures (taken on the evening of Saturday October 17) -- The painted
words on the pavement says it all!!!!!!!!

The construction guys were still there in the back, even on a Saturday night. They are moving fast!!

PXL_20201017_231159376.jpg
PXL_20201017_231201697.jpg
PXL_20201017_231218697.jpg