Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charleston, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped to charge in Savannah last Sunday on my way to Charleston and it was the worst Supercharging experience I have had by far. A little tough to find, but then only 6 stalls and one was out of order so down to five. Several of those were only charging at 20 to 30 kW. Took me 45 minutes to get 100 miles, and I started at about 30% SOC. Most of the 150 kW chargers give me 100 miles in 15 minutes or even less so I have become quite spoiled! I really hope Tesla finds a new location near Savannah and puts a much larger (hopefully V3) station there.

Btw I am relocating to the Charleston area for work early next year. Wife and I are looking at DI and Mt Pleasant currently. Looking forward to meeting up with some fellow Tesla owners.
Our local club is very active and friendly, I'm moving up to the DC area this weekend

You know, if it were anywhere else I'd say this looks suspiciously like the stakeout for a SC location... 6 Mile Harris Teeter. Highway 17 N and 6 Mile. But, the location makes little sense to me. (although, what do I know...?)
2W+SGEG+TtyG4mk4ez46Sg.jpg

Interesting. Almost equally spaced between Santee, Savanna and Myrtle Beach SCs. From the other side of the country, this looks perfect for travelers and tourists. I’m sure there are better options, but anything is better than driving to any of those other three SCs.

Reactions: Bobbo8
I happen to be in Mt Pleasant this weekend, staying a mile from this location so I checked it out this morning. Definitely not a Supercharger site, looks like they are using this for temporary storage of something. Wish it was a SC but thinking about it this really isn’t a good location for one. When they finally do build one in Charleston it should probably be near the I-26 / I-526 interchange to be most convenient for those traveling into and out of the area.

I happen to be in Mt Pleasant this weekend, staying a mile from this location so I checked it out this morning. Definitely not a Supercharger site, looks like they are using this for temporary storage of something. Wish it was a SC but thinking about it this really isn’t a good location for one. When they finally do build one in Charleston it should probably be near the I-26 / I-526 interchange to be most convenient for those traveling into and out of the area.
I agree with you. Tanger would make sense to me. But when I saw it, it certainly looks like others I’ve discovered. as a local, I can’t personally see it being here, but I’ve been very surprised at their picks in many other places before. Some are head-scratchers...

Reactions: Kacey Green
And did you see anything stored there? Pics?

Probably because their anti ICEing efforts on the destination chargers have been such a failure

Plugged in at Town Center yesterday and saw no ICEing although all three viable spaces were occupied with Teslas (including mine). Tried tonight but all three viable spots were occupied by Teslas when I arrived so I could not charge. It’s a real bummer that the fourth destination charger is in a handicapped spot rendering it almost completely useless.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Plugged in at Town Center yesterday and saw no ICEing although all three viable spaces were occupied with Teslas (including mine). Tried tonight but all three viable spots were occupied by Teslas when I arrived so I could not charge. It’s a real bummer that the fourth destination charger is in a handicapped spot rendering it almost completely useless.
They've gotten better from what I've seen but there were solid months where they were slammed full of fossils, especially the miata, I've got tons of pics and the local group has a whole thread on the issue