Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charleston, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you! How do we get it fixed?
We just need permission to fix it from the developers and the mobile tech can adjust it, or one of us owners even. We emailed them about a month ago, as far as I know no response yet. When it opened they were pretty responsive.

Also the spots that aren't handicapped are the closest three spots, so they're often ICEd

We just need permission to fix it from the developers and the mobile tech can adjust it, or one of us owners even. We emailed them about a month ago, as far as I know no response yet. When it opened they were pretty responsive.

Also the spots that aren't handicapped are the closest three spots, so they're often ICEd

Interesting. That's too bad they became so unresponsive. Thank you.

Reactions: Kacey Green
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Delayed AGAIN to 2019.

This is how I feel: Instant No Button! Star Wars funnies FTW!

mlwwJdP.png

I hope this year whatever is slowing them down in this good old boys zone breaks free, there's profit to be made for whoever hosts this, all they have to do is look at the numbers instead of assuming it won't work. If it's a gas station I hope it's a Spynx just like Wawa and ones in NC who's name currently escapes me since they have made to order food and cleanish restrooms.

I talked to the owner of the Refuel on Daniel Island. Apparently Tesla contacted him to ask about a Supercharger but there wasn't enough space :( I asked him who contacted him but he said it was so long ago he doesn't have it. Doh. I wish I could find someone to contact.

Daniel island would be inconvenient for for those traveling to folly or Kiawah . Really hope it ends up by the outlets or north of I—526.
The I-26 corridor as been a disappoint for me . Other then Asheville, which I would prefer not to use because it’s so close to the house , there is a pretty significant detour to use chargers such as Columbia or santee.

Daniel island would be inconvenient for for those traveling to folly or Kiawah . Really hope it ends up by the outlets or north of I—526.
The I-26 corridor as been a disappoint for me . Other then Asheville, which I would prefer not to use because it’s so close to the house , there is a pretty significant detour to use chargers such as Columbia or santee.

Possibly. But it'd fit the target market of slightly higher affluence and more likely to own a Tesla.

I hope eventually there will be Superchargers everywhere.

They really should be placing the Charleston supercharger in a good place for visitors to Charleston. Those of us who live here, many of which are Mt. Pleasant or Daniel Island based, are not really the ones who need it. Travel into Charleston, especially day trips, is tough without a local supercharger. Santee is too far away to be reliable for trips to the islands.

They really should be placing the Charleston supercharger in a good place for visitors to Charleston. Those of us who live here, many of which are Mt. Pleasant or Daniel Island based, are not really the ones who need it. Travel into Charleston, especially day trips, is tough without a local supercharger. Santee is too far away to be reliable for trips to the islands.

I agree. What would be the most convenient place for visitors -- the intersection of 26 and 526?

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Yes, Tanger Outlets or the Airport

Hopefully not the airport. The supercharger in Savannah is at the airport and it's really annoying. You have to pull through the gate, get a ticket, walk half a mile from the Supercharger to the airport terminal, get your ticket validated (and prove you are a Tesla owner to the attendant), then walk all the way back, and then go through the airport exit gates (and lines) while waiting for others to pay. I'd rather have it somewhere that you could just drive up and drive away without needing to validate tickets or anything.

Hopefully not the airport. The supercharger in Savannah is at the airport and it's really annoying. You have to pull through the gate, get a ticket, walk half a mile from the Supercharger to the airport terminal, get your ticket validated (and prove you are a Tesla owner to the attendant), then walk all the way back, and then go through the airport exit gates (and lines) while waiting for others to pay. I'd rather have it somewhere that you could just drive up and drive away without needing to validate tickets or anything.
It was Savanah that I was thinking of when I suggested it, mostly the 24 hour no holidays off bathrooms, this one has places that are not gated that could work but yes if they went in one of the gated lots or garage that would be frustrating.

Tanger Outlets would make the most sense because you'd serve the people coming in and out on 26, and also the people driving through the coastal route on 17 (and presumably taking 526 to bypass the Mt. Pleasant traffic morass).

It's annoying trying to visit my folks in Mt. Pleasant from Asheville, even though it's a straight shot down 26, because the supercharger options are really not optimized for I-26 but rather 95 (in Santee) and 77 or 40 (in Columbia). Not a lot of charging options locally either.

SAVANNAH is a little hard to find, but I think it’s actually only 200 yards from the terminal/bathrooms, and I’ve always been able to just tell the gate attendant I was charging and they let me out without a fee.

I'm planning on doing a trip to Charleston, SC this summer. Does anyone know what the status is on the supercharger?

most recent info from Tesla is:

Coming Soon

Target opening in 2019
Exact timing and specific location may vary

I'm planning on doing a trip to Charleston, SC this summer. Does anyone know what the status is on the supercharger?

most recent info from Tesla is:

Coming Soon

Target opening in 2019
Exact timing and specific location may vary
As yet, no status is known. That bit from Tesla is the latest. Discussion of a supercharger in Charleston can be found in this thread: Supercharger - Charleston, SC

I stopped to charge in Savannah last Sunday on my way to Charleston and it was the worst Supercharging experience I have had by far. A little tough to find, but then only 6 stalls and one was out of order so down to five. Several of those were only charging at 20 to 30 kW. Took me 45 minutes to get 100 miles, and I started at about 30% SOC. Most of the 150 kW chargers give me 100 miles in 15 minutes or even less so I have become quite spoiled! I really hope Tesla finds a new location near Savannah and puts a much larger (hopefully V3) station there.

Btw I am relocating to the Charleston area for work early next year. Wife and I are looking at DI and Mt Pleasant currently. Looking forward to meeting up with some fellow Tesla owners.