TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Charleston, WV

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by supratachophobia, Mar 8, 2016.

1. 1101011

1101011 Proud TSLA/SCTY shareholder since 2012.

I encountered the same attitude in Warsaw, when I went in to thank them for "hosting".

Such a strong contrast to the manager of the Holiday Inn in Plymouth, NC. She came out to talk, and invited the carload in to sit in the air conditioned lobby, and provided coffee and local lore/chat.

• Like x 2
  2. RedFiveZero

RedFiveZero Member

Wonder where she goes to the bathroom?

3. John Stuckey

John Stuckey Member

Thanks for the info. I visited this forum to research a stop on a future trip. Looks like plenty of other places to spend $ where I will feel welcome.

4. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Same for the supercharger in Columbia. A hotel staff person came out and asked if we wanted to bring our chicfilet picknic inside where the AC was nice. Do you want customers for life when choosing hotels? Because that's how your get customers for life.

5. Dublin 'Eer

Dublin 'Eer Member

We stayed in the Charleston Courtyard (nice hotel by the way--would definitely recommend it) Friday night and let the manager on duty know that we stayed due to the Supercharger. I also let her know that people had posted about not being allowed into the restroom while charging. She said that is not their policy and that Tesla owners are welcome inside while using the Supercharger. Hopefully there were just one or two employees who weee unaware of the policy due to the newness of the Supercharger. She also mentioned they've seen many more cars charging there than they expected.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

Yesterday we headed out from Pittsburgh to go home to Sarasota with a stop in Blythewood at the Holiday Inn. When the NAV wanted to route me east to 95 I ignored it and drove to Cambridge. When I selected Blythewood it again gave me a very roundabout route. This time I noticed it was because Charleston was listed as offline. I called Tesla and they informed me that only two of the stalls were working and they had a technician scheduled for repair. They said 2a and 2b were ok. We stopped and charged at 2b and had a nice frap at Starbucks, no problems.
    I'll also mention that when we pulled into the Holiday Inn in Blythewood I was surprised to find two level 2 chargers ( not Tesla) . Charged overnight and we can skip the Columbia Supercharger!

• Informative x 1