Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charleston, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what's the difference? The point is that Model S's can have a bike hitch and orientation of the Supercharger means they can park normally. That's a good thing for people who normally have to park sideways and perhaps take up more than one slot.
The difference is a numbers and logic argument. By definition, if the option is not factory, there is a reduced likelihood someone will purchase it aftermarket which decreases the possibility you would find an S with a bike rack. If you loosely compare to an X, find how many people get the tow adapter, and the amount of people who would get an after market hutch for an S would be less than that.

IMG_7926.JPG

IMG_7927.JPG

IMG_7928.JPG

Still waiting on the transformer.
IMG_7929.JPG

I'm currently charging in Lexington, KY and decided to call the Courtyard by Marriott hotel. I believe that's the hotel right next to the chargers. According to the lady on the phone she said that the chargers are up and running. I'm REALLY hoping she's correct because that will shave a good 4 hours off my trip this morning as I continue onto Richmond, VA. I still have my back up plan for Charleston charging, but i'm going to try and swing by the Supercharger first, plug in, and pray. I'll post back with my findings.

I'm currently charging in Lexington, KY and decided to call the Courtyard by Marriott hotel. I believe that's the hotel right next to the chargers. According to the lady on the phone she said that the chargers are up and running. I'm REALLY hoping she's correct because that will shave a good 4 hours off my trip this morning as I continue onto Richmond, VA. I still have my back up plan for Charleston charging, but i'm going to try and swing by the Supercharger first, plug in, and pray. I'll post back with my findings.
UPDATE!!!

I'll be heading back west this evening. I'm thinking about taking the north route from Richmond, up to Ohio and then I-70 all the way back to Missouri. That is unless this supercharger was turned on during the weekend. Since it's a holiday weekend I have a feeling that hasn't happened but if anyone gets some new information on this I'll be checking back before I hit the road. Have a safe Memorial Day, remember the ones no longer with us.

Take the longer route, not only does the power company need to come and do the wiring then Tesla needs to come and make sure its working correctly and number the stalls before its actually "live". The odds of this happening over a holiday weekend when its not a public safety matter are about .01%

If you really want to keep the southern route Hawks Nest State Park (49 Hawks Nest ParkAnsted, West Virginia 25812) has Destination chargers for a break between Richmond and Lexington. Just an idea/route option for you Logger! Safe travels

Reactions: Acps110 and vdiv