Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charleston, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Acps110 thank you very much for your updates. My family will be driving from Cincinnati to Hot Springs, VA in July and we need the Charleston Supercharger to open to be able to make the trip in our MS. We are going to stop at Hawks Nest State Park on the way down and use the Tesla destination chargers while we hike and explore, but don't want to make that stop and time on the way home. Hopefully the Charleston Supercharger will be operational before the end of June. Thanks again for the great updates :D

Watching and waiting. This one is so important for those of us how like to drive south Via 77. Hopefully early next week.
That's exactly what I told John McNeill at the gigafactory opening last year. I know it took a long time, but Tesla does listen and is always moving forward. Lots of people to please, but great progress.

Reactions: 1101011 and jrreno
Can't wait for the Supercharger to get turned on! I've spent hours charging at McDonald's in Hurricane, WV, BLINK charger at 30 Amps just to bridge the Supercharger gap on I-64 between Lexington KY and Lexington VA. Also did Hawk's Nest State Park one time, and another time boosted up at the McDonald's in Ronceverte, and also at McDonald's in Charleston.

The stalls have been numbered today.

Left to right, as you are facing the Tesla parking signs, 1A 1B; 2A 2B; 3A 3B; 4A 4B.
IMG_0976.JPG

3B, 4A & 4B are Tesla charging only, the others are General Parking 6 PM – 10 AM.
IMG_0978.JPG

The meter is on, but still reads zero. The transformer is humming.
IMG_0979.JPG

It doesn't appear on Tesla's website yet.

If you can please encourage the Day Inn at Flatwoods just off I79 (and the do have a decent restaurant) and or Tamarack just off I77 to install some destination chargers. I think the Flatwoods location is biting but encouragement can only help.

With the completion of this one I wonder if this crew has moved on to Beckley or Weston?
I'm guessing the Tesla installation crew might have moved on to Charlottesville, VA, where they started digging yesterday. See separate thread in this forum with pictures.

The Tesla Supercharger map shows Beckley, WV as the closest location to Charleston that is on the schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the Tamarack rest stop with all the parking and amenities there. I personally would prefer it near the Hooters in Beckley, but hey that's just me.

Reactions: swengl