Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charleston, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NYC to Charleston almost there, just need Morgantown to pick up the pace! Can't want to do the trip and visit my grandpa

There are a couple L2 chargers available that allow that trip to be made now, via the Somerset, PA SC. Stonewall Resort has a couple 80A Tesla destination chargers, and the Mountaineer Grill off the Bridgeport exit has a couple 30A J-plugs. A member from the WV Electric Auto Assoc. made the trip a couple week-ends ago by stopping at the Mountaineer Grill from dinner. BTW, the restaurant at Stonewall is really excellent.

• Informative
Reactions: martinicus
This site is almost ready to go.

The view from Virginia Street.
IMG_7425.JPG

Approaching from Interstate 64, turn on Virginia St & cross the Elk River. Immediately after crossing the river you will see the stalls on your right. The entrance is just beyond the Superchargers.
IMG_7426.JPG

Virginia Street is one way into town. When leaving, drive across in front of the hotel and turn right on Kanawha Blvd. Cross the Elk River and turn right to return to the Interstate.

The electric meter has been installed, but is dark. The pad is still waiting for the transformer to arrive.
IMG_7427.JPG

Hey, new here. Created an account specifically to thank you for all the updates on this Supercharger installation. I'm driving out to Richmond, VA from St. Louis the Thursday before Memorial weekend. I keep checking back in hopes that in less than 2 weeks everything is completed haha. Here's to hoping the transformer comes soon!

It typically would be, I think.

Obviously there could be an issue with the transformer delivery and install or a hardware issue when they power it on and things could come up during the final inspection, but the typical timeline should see it finished within a week from where they are now from what I've seen.

Hey, new here. Created an account specifically to thank you for all the updates on this Supercharger installation. I'm driving out to Richmond, VA from St. Louis the Thursday before Memorial weekend. I keep checking back in hopes that in less than 2 weeks everything is completed haha. Here's to hoping the transformer comes soon!
When they install the transformer they will also be installing the high voltage line up the pole. Notice the empty conduit next to the pole.