Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC - Northlake Centre Parkway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed this one ...

Charlotte - Northlake, NC

Along Primary Interstates: I-77
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-21
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-485

I-77

To: Wytheville, VA - 129 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Mt. Hope, WV - 205.2 miles

To: Salem, VA (I-77, I-81) - 177.1 miles
To: Mt Airy, NC (I-77, I-74) - 90 miles
To: Charlotte - Toringdon Way, NC (I-77, I-485) - 24.6 miles
To: Hickory, NC (I-485, NC-16, I-40) - 46.4 miles

As well as being v3 it's a big improvement for I-77 travel on the current northern Charlotte, NC location.

Fine, I'll drive out there tonight..
Traffic in that direction is maddening!
Haha, ya. No need for that! I'd been checking on my way north from CLT before permits were issued. I thought it was going to be near Target with all those empty spaces. Guess not.

Looks like a FB group has a picture. Maybe behind Dollar Tree? Waiting for confirmation.

Haha, ya. No need for that! I'd been checking on my way north from CLT before permits were issued. I thought it was going to be near Target with all those empty spaces. Guess not.

Looks like a FB group has a picture. Maybe behind Dollar Tree? Waiting for confirmation.

Lol, that status on FB is sourced from info I posted here.

I do want to see the actual layout, but always unmotivated to make that drive.
I will go out there tonight.

Last edited:
Here are the pictures I promised.
Couple notes: it is NOT at Target... it is in the same shopping plaza. It is directly behind the Dollar Tree store.
This makes sense now, because the list of Targets that was leaked/discovered from Florida did not have this Target on that list, but does have our Charlotte Uptown/Midtown Target on that list.

Anyway the pictures.
1619744393336.png

1619744427020.png

1619744489419.png

Looking at where this is, that is a pretty terrible location. I think they will get ICE'd a lot on the weekends by people going to Dollar Tree or eating East Coast Wings. It would have been better if it was in the Target Parking lot. Hope I'm wrong.
I'm not in Charlotte and I've never been to that location, but looking at google street view, it appears that the chargers are on the back side of the stores. I would guess that the store customers would be parking on the front side where the public entrances are. But again, I've never been there, so I don't know.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Looking at where this is, that is a pretty terrible location. I think they will get ICE'd a lot on the weekends by people going to Dollar Tree or eating East Coast Wings. It would have been better if it was in the Target Parking lot. Hope I'm wrong.

Disagree... There were maybe a handful of cars on that side of lot.
The main entrances are on the other side of the building and there are not much incentive to drive around to the back unless there is no space to park in front...

Front - in this case - is away from the road towards the Target parking lot
Back is the lot closest to the main road (WT Harris Blvd).

Sunday - 05/09

As you can see, Dollar Tree doesn't even use these doors. Parking spaces shouldn't have a problem with being ICEd. Also whats the massive hole in the ground? I haven't tracked Supercharger construction in a long time. Is this something for v3? Would be awesome if it was related to a battery, but doubt it.

Attachments

• IMG_6875.jpg
    IMG_6875.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6876.jpg
    IMG_6876.jpg
    877.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6877.jpg
    IMG_6877.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6879.jpg
    IMG_6879.jpg