Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC - Providence Rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by this afternoon to check on the progress.

Doesn't look like anything new since Thursday. Maybe I didn't check all the angles, but I swear I could only count 11 stalls. There were some weird extra concrete slabs in the parking lot off to the left behind the fenced in area, though--not sure what those are for.

providence_road_posts.jpg

providence road_extra.jpg

Stopped by this afternoon to check on the progress.

Doesn't look like anything new since Thursday. Maybe I didn't check all the angles, but I swear I could only count 11 stalls. There were some weird extra concrete slabs in the parking lot off to the left behind the fenced in area, though--not sure what those are for.

View attachment 846418

View attachment 846419
I visited the site today and agree with you - only 11 charging stations seen.

In my first post of this thread, you can clearly see a stack of 12 concrete-pedestal bases, ready for installation. Later pics show 11 erected stations and one base sitting on a pallet by itself. Later, that pallet is seen empty.

Could this location end up being the charge with the light brigade?

• Funny
Reactions: vanjwilson
I stopped by this afternoon, but there hasn't been much change since last week.

I can confirm that there are only 11 pedestals installed so far: a bank of 4 on the short last row of the parking lot, and then a row of 7 in the next longer row. None are numbered yet.

There are 8 parking spots in the longer row, and the last pedestal in that row is offset between the next to the last space and the last space, which is marked "Van Accessible-Designed for Disabled Access-Use Last". I think that means that the lines for those last two parkings spaces will be repainted to make one handicapped space with a walkway.

Aside from that, I did see the green transformer over at the back corner of the convenience store, but the trench to it is still partial open and it doesn't look like the conduits are connected to it yet. I didn't notice a meter anywhere.

providence_road_suc_bank_of_7.jpg

providence_road_suc_bank_of_4.jpg

providence_road_suc_transformer.jpg

I stopped by this afternoon, but there hasn't been much change since last week.

I can confirm that there are only 11 pedestals installed so far: a bank of 4 on the short last row of the parking lot, and then a row of 7 in the next longer row. None are numbered yet.

There are 8 parking spots in the longer row, and the last pedestal in that row is offset between the next to the last space and the last space, which is marked "Van Accessible-Designed for Disabled Access-Use Last". I think that means that the lines for those last two parkings spaces will be repainted to make one handicapped space with a walkway.

Aside from that, I did see the green transformer over at the back corner of the convenience store, but the trench to it is still partial open and it doesn't look like the conduits are connected to it yet. I didn't notice a meter anywhere.

View attachment 848922
View attachment 848926

View attachment 848927
I am not convinced that the green transformer in your third pic belongs to the SuC. It has weather-faded paint just like the old, nearby transformer between Fresh Market groceries and the adjacent Tuesday Morning store. I suspect that a new SuC transformer has yet to arrive on location.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
I charged here this morning.

It wasn't on the in-car nav yesterday, so with Hurricane Ian heading this way, I didn't want to risk the drive down last night.

It will wasn't in the nav this morning, but the phone app said 10 of 11 stalls available, so I figured it was worth checking out. When I got there, a white Model X was already charging.

The odd number of V3 stalls are number 1A–D, 2A–D, and 3A–C. One of the spaces is extra wide, with the standard Tesla "Handicapped Access—Use Last" type signage.

After I got back home later, I noticed this location had shown up in the nav, and with the same kind of time-of-day pricing that the Toringdon Way supercharger has. (It didn't show any pricing the few minutes I charged, so maybe it was still free while I was there, but I wouldn't count on that anymore.)

charlotte_providence_rd_suc.jpg