Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC - Toringdon Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cabinets are installed, no transformer yet (the new transformer will be to the right of the cabinets, the pad is poured).
The left hand side of the charging stalls already has the sidewalk poured as well. Moving along.
IMG_20190809_090521.jpg
IMG_20190809_090252.jpg

Because I have 2 S, and 1 charger :) I don't hate, I just think a lot are inconsiderate when its constantly full.

Are both cars driven far enough each day that they both must be plugged in each day? I have a Model 3 and a Bolt and we share one charger with no problem...in fact, probably 3 out of 4 days neither car is plugged in! Even when my wife and I both had LEAFs that we needed to charge both every day we managed pretty fine, as her LEAF would be finished charging in about 90 minutes and I'd just go swap the plug. Once she got her Volt, which was much slower charging, I took steps to build a dual-headed J1772 charger so both could be plugged in at the same time, but these days we hardly ever use that capability.

Reactions: nogajim
Can anyone tell what type theres are yet based on the cabinets? I haven't tracked Supercharger progress in probably 5-6 years. Any clues if these are urban, 150 or 250?
I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that the cabinets for the 250KW chargers are 4:1 ratio, and since there are 12 charging posts and 6 cabinets we are probably looking at 150KW charging or less here.

Reactions: mociaf9