Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC - Toringdon Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know we're all excited, but you guys did read this post correctly, right? Hopefully they will be energized soon!
Yeah, I assume they’re most likely waiting either final sign off by Tesla or local officials. Either way, it hopefully will be soon! This location will save me the one hour detour it takes to get to the other location and hopefully elevate some of the pressure that the other location has.

Yeah, I assume they’re most likely waiting either final sign off by Tesla or local officials. Either way, it hopefully will be soon! This location will save me the one hour detour it takes to get to the other location and hopefully elevate some of the pressure that the other location has.
Interesting -- what do you mean by "pressure"? I assume you're talking about the Mallard Creek location in N. Charlotte? Haven't been, so any insight/tips would be appreciated. Also, that's gotta be a pain for you to routinely go all the way up there!

Interesting -- what do you mean by "pressure"? I assume you're talking about the Mallard Creek location in N. Charlotte? Haven't been, so any insight/tips would be appreciated. Also, that's gotta be a pain for you to routinely go all the way up there!
Several times in the past month or so when I go to the University area (Mallard Creek) SC there are people parked on both sides as well as waiting in the second row of parking. When that is the case I usually get a warning that tesla has set my charge rate to 80% instead of my usual 90% because of something like "heavy usage". This new SC in Ballantyne will be 50% larger than the SC in the University area so it should help a lot.

• Informative
Reactions: pinke2323
The location in North Charlotte occasionally has a back up of cars waiting to charge. By opening this other location it will hopefully reduce the demand on the N. Charlotte location. N. Charlotte is only an 8 bay whereas this will be a 12. So that is a big capacity increase for the area.

My trip usually consists of visiting on the southern part of Charlotte so yeah it can be a good 30 min one way trip (with no traffic) to get a charge. This location will be game-changer. I actually gave up on going to the N. Charlotte location and just use the ChaDeMO adapter at one of the EvGO locations. It's not as quick but saves a lot of time since I only need enough juice to get me to the Columbia Supercharger.

Stopped by today...
Stalls are not yet energized. But I checked the meter and it is powered on. So, the transformer is live.
You can also tell, from the attached images, the stalls are not yet numbered.
IMG_20191101_114300.jpg
IMG_20191101_114206.jpg

Walked by them coming from dinner and saw a technician working on the stands late last night. We are staying at the hotel across the street that has charging, so i was almost full, but stopped by the superchargers to check them out. I was able to charge my car so they are now active. 12:45 pm Saturday

However, it doesn't show yet on my cars navigation.20191109_124901.jpg20191109_124808.jpg

Last edited:
Walked by them coming from dinner and saw a technician working on the stands late last night. We are staying at the hotel across the street that has charging, so i was almost full, but stopped by the superchargers to check them out. I was able to charge my car so they are now active. 12:45 pm Saturday

However, it doesn't show yet on my cars navigation.View attachment 474940View attachment 474942
That means it should take a couple of days before it'll show on the nav! This is great news!