Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlottesville, VA - Proffit Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
I don't seem to be able to edit my post, but I've answered my own question, LOL

Documents from the Albemarle Architectural Review Board:
https://www.albemarle.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=6664
https://www.albemarle.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=6648

8-stall V3 supercharger planned for 29 & Profit Rd. :D

Thanks to @joshpowell for discovering the location of the upcoming second Charlottesville Supercharger!

This was originally posted in the original Charlottesville Supercharger thread, but this new location now has it's own thread.

The Charlottesville - Proffit Road Supercharger is under construction. The Wawa looks to be nearing completion too.

proffitroad1.jpg

proffitroad2.jpg
proffitroad3.jpg

This site is probably done, waiting for Tesla to activate it. The transformers are live (but I couldn’t see a meter anywhere. Parking lot is still blocked off. Should be up sometime soon

Attachments

• E1232E5E-10F4-4D3D-A9ED-FE8485DAAB6A.jpeg
    E1232E5E-10F4-4D3D-A9ED-FE8485DAAB6A.jpeg
    803.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 6098EA4D-E692-48BB-A646-FF803F94D40C.jpeg
    6098EA4D-E692-48BB-A646-FF803F94D40C.jpeg
    774.3 KB · Views: 63
Already a lot of ICEing at this one. Unfortunately due to the signage, it's perfectly allowed. The signs all say 15 minute general parking. I was the only one charging this afternoon and I saw 5 or 6 ICE cars come and go over the course of about 40 minutes.

The other SuperCharger in Charlottesville should be up and running if the Proffit Rd one is not online, for some reason. There are a few restaurants (including Duck Donuts!) within walking distance of the Bond St. charger. The Bond Street charger is NOT a 250 kW charger, however.

• Helpful
Reactions: M@dHatter
I dropped by this location on Saturday 28 August. My center screen displayed showed this as being temporarily unavailable, and it was correct!!! The pedestals were lit but I was unable to get a charge. I tried 4 different pedestals but no luck. Fortunately, I was stopping at this SC only to add to my SC list and didn't "need" the charge.