Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlottesville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soon.............
enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

I drove past the supercharger on Sunday and there was a crew with a horizontal drilling rig set up on the same street corner as the equipment pen. Maybe it's a crew to bring a power feeder over to the SpC?

That's exactly what they were doing. I happend to go by there this morning on my way to Harrisonburg and talked to the crew that was working. They also mentioned that they had completed the pad for the transformer and at this point were waiting on Dominion to pull the physical cable now that they completed drilling.

They also said that with the current backlog at Dominion they were expecting that the process would take 3 more weeks for one of their technicians to pull and certify the power. Take that info for what it is, since I have no way to validate.

Last bit of info is that once Dominion is finished, I was told that they would be tested and loaded into the Supercharger map next day.

That's exactly what they were doing. I happend to go by there this morning on my way to Harrisonburg and talked to the crew that was working. They also mentioned that they had completed the pad for the transformer and at this point were waiting on Dominion to pull the physical cable now that they completed drilling.

They also said that with the current backlog at Dominion they were expecting that the process would take 3 more weeks for one of their technicians to pull and certify the power. Take that info for what it is, since I have no way to validate.

Last bit of info is that once Dominion is finished, I was told that they would be tested and loaded into the Supercharger map next day.
So....soon.

Recent post on status of upcoming North America Superchargers at

Tesla Supercharger network

lists Charlottesville as "awaiting transformer". Based on what I've seen at similar-sized sites, it's going to be a 750 kVA green behemoth weighing about 6,000 lbs. What's in the pen in the pictures is probably just the rectifiers. So this will probably take more than a day or two at the very least.