Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlottesville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it sad I am planning a trip in three weeks and again in October and don't plan on this being open? :-/ Fingers crossed on of the Chademo's downtown are available!

There is two 80 amp Tesla chargers in the Flat's at west village, the owner of the brewery has a Tesla. Bonus the food is really good. The chargers are in the 1st level of the garage all the way back on the left hand wall.

Since the wait has now been two months, I contacted Dominion to find out what's going on. After sending them detailed info on the location, etc., they replied: "Our records show that the work request number 10106059 is scheduled to start construction on 08/29/2017." If nothing happens by then I can contact the construction supervisor to find out more.

Since the wait has now been two months, I contacted Dominion to find out what's going on. After sending them detailed info on the location, etc., they replied: "Our records show that the work request number 10106059 is scheduled to start construction on 08/29/2017." If nothing happens by then I can contact the construction supervisor to find out more.
Anyone have a chance to swing by today to see if Dominion construction started?

I have used Greenlots in multiple states and the only one I've had trouble with is the one at the Homewood Suites. Even there, I only failed to charge once, IIRC. I always try to have a plan B. I've been unable to charge at two Superchargers (area-wide power outage; parking lot was being paved!)

I have used Greenlots in multiple states and the only one I've had trouble with is the one at the Homewood Suites. Even there, I only failed to charge once, IIRC. I always try to have a plan B. I've been unable to charge at two Superchargers (area-wide power outage; parking lot was being paved!)
Same here. Have used 7 different greenlots successfully. One of them I was unable to read the screen and had to start it with the app, which I do anyway, and it charged fine. I always have a plan B with Chademo's too as most other stations are un-reliable.

While we all wait for Charlottesville SC to open, I highly recommend "Pro Re Nata Farm Brewery" which is a bit west of the city. They have 2 Tesla chargers and 2 other chargers. The beer was fantastic, the owner had a lot of free wings out, and the food truck onsite was restaurant quality. I'll be heading back there for sure.
Remember to check in on plugshare. There isn't any other way to keep track of the usage of destination chargers.

Reactions: boaterva and swengl