Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlton, MA (I-90 eastbound service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And eastbound is officially done!
ACDFF10C-C4E5-4BBF-954D-3C6B1EBF60EB.jpeg
FD814D7A-82C3-4E0D-9A0D-8283F80848A3.jpeg

Now that this is open my wife and I are thinking of a trip from Maine to Rein's Deli - homepage this weekend. Auburn is the one charger on our avoid list.
I've been doing the trip from CT to ME for almost 8 years. First I stopped in Natick to use the Tesla 80amp L2 charger. When Auburn opened it made the trip much easier. Now...many better options.

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Does anyone know if that little cut-through road off Sturbridge is open to public use to access this plaza? This station would make the trip to Treehouse so much easier from NJ to hit up before pulling in (and trying to get one of their always busy destination chargers). Seems crazy that Google Maps is saying that you have to drive another 20+ minutes to turn around in Auburn?? And same with the westbound route.

Reactions: donandersonjr
Does anyone know if that little cut-through road off Sturbridge is open to public use to access this plaza? This station would make the trip to Treehouse so much easier from NJ to hit up before pulling in (and trying to get one of their always busy destination chargers). Seems crazy that Google Maps is saying that you have to drive another 20+ minutes to turn around in Auburn?? And same with the westbound route.
It is not open to public use. Meridan and Manchester are good places to charge coming from NJ. Meriden if you like DD or BK; Manchester for Five Guys or Artisan Burger.

• Helpful
Reactions: bwbrs

In my experience, nearly all highway rest stops are connected to the local road system, to allow local staff, suppliers and emergency vehicles access. However, these are generally barred to 'civilian' use, since otherwise they'd act as an extra highway exit/entrance.

This is a particular problem on toll roads like the Pike, since you could (at least, until they switched to plate readers) have used it to avoid paying.

Also, see 'Shunpike'

Reactions: kayak1 and bwbrs
Nice to see all these brand new Supercharger stalls being utilized......Oh, wait!
A love note seems appropriate.
Yeah, pretty rude. Gladly, when we were done shopping at the farmer’s market for 10 min, the pickup truck had left. Nobody missed out on charging.

I admit the driver may not have learned anything, and the lot was pretty full so maybe it was just a briefly parking infraction.

Also, when road-tripping with family, preserving the happy vibes is pretty important too.
E7B1EB78-430E-41F5-AC09-6207779A9EA3.jpeg

Last edited:
Saw the same thing around 1:20PM at Hooksett Southbound yesterday - pickup with a trailer parked across six stalls of the supercharger, one of which was occupied! When we came out 20 minutes later he had moved into one of the double-length spots set up for trailers, buses, etc - so hard to believe it was an oversight.

Aren't highway rest stops under the jurisdiction of the state police? Parking with a trailer over several spots is illegal even if those are just regular spots.