Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlton, MA (I-90 westbound service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by Saturday and didn’t see anything, guess I missed it by a day. I like these rest area stops better than detours into malls or off highway gas stations because they are so convenience, even if food options are limited.

@MarcoRP construction has begun! Looks like day one or day two. Didn’t bug the crew as they were breaking for lunch. No electrical equipment on site. Location is in the front corner from of the lot immediately after you turn off the highway.
This is a pretty good location. I've noticed that while the other charger companies seek primo parking spots, and are thus frequently ICEd, Tesla locates in less favorable spots to try to avoid this. However, I'm sure that the location of power supplies is also a factor.

This is a pretty good location. I've noticed that while the other charger companies seek primo parking spots, and are thus frequently ICEd, Tesla locates in less favorable spots to try to avoid this. However, I'm sure that the location of power supplies is also a factor.
I agree - this lot fills predictably from the food court out to the edges. Of course, they’re going to have to move the Farmers’ Market, which traditionally takes those spots (probably for the same reason). You can see the tents on the Google Map satellite view.

Reactions: Cryptoengineer
I agree - this lot fills predictably from the food court out to the edges. Of course, they’re going to have to move the Farmers’ Market, which traditionally takes those spots (probably for the same reason). You can see the tents on the Google Map satellite view.
Oh geez, what if the cheese and eggs people set up their coolers there? Then the spots will be ICEd by actual ice!

@MarcoRP construction has begun! Looks like day one or day two. Didn’t bug the crew as they were breaking for lunch. No electrical equipment on site. Location is in the front corner from of the lot immediately after you turn off the highway.
Thanks for the alert!

Williston VT finishes Friday... construction starts here today.... Hmm... :cool: I'll bet it's Gordon Building & Excavating again.

I bet the farmer's market would be thrilled to move closer to the building, no doubt would help foot traffic and business

Nice! My way home from Maine to MD starts with closing camp and dropping off a boat at the marina, so it's lunchtime by the time we get to Charlton. The Mass Pike is always a mass of cars by then :p.

aaahh, we're packing up and moving to ME full-time, but the wife's family is still in Central VA. That's going to be a 14 hour slog from now on. I MIGHT....just have to fly. But I don't like any of the rental car options once I'm down there.

I wonder if the other MassDOT controlled locations (Newton and Lexington rest areas) are next?
See also
Construction hasn't begun yet:

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Tesla will be building a supercharger at the Mass Pike I-90 Westbound service plaza in Charlton, MA as indicated in the pin added to the Tesla supercharger coming soon map earlier this year. I believe the site plan is done and it's possible a pole for the utility service may already be in place to prepare for construction. As this is shown as Q1 on the tesla map, it's likely construction could start any time now.

Anyone seeing the pin on the Tesla map probably already concluded this, but has been confirmed by Tesla.
I drove past it today (April 26). The site is still under construction BUT the Tesla chargers are all in a line. Awaiting ? pavement, curb, ?power.

Rainy but construction proceeding nicely at both Eastbound and Westbound plazas. Westbound is farther along
Photo this afternoon

Attachments

• 20210429_130133_01.jpg
    20210429_130133_01.jpg
    900.2 KB · Views: 272