Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlton, MA (I-90 westbound service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charlton Eastbound is open as well. Charged there last night and got close to the full 250. Love these locations, so much better than getting off at Auburn or elsewhere in CT.
One of my favorite locations for sure...the wait was well worth it (sorry, not sorry, Auburn)! Loved getting progress updates on both this and the EB threads! @mcot222 Those are some s3xy V3 speeds ;)! What's your trim and do you recall your SOC? A few weeks ago my 2016.5 P100DL maxed out at 186 kW @ 28% SOC.
IMG_2568.jpeg

One of my favorite locations for sure...the wait was well worth it (sorry, not sorry, Auburn)! Loved getting progress updates on both this and the EB threads! @mcot222 Those are some s3xy V3 speeds ;)! What's your trim and do you recall your SOC? A few weeks ago my 2016.5 P100DL maxed out at 186 kW @ 28% SOC.View attachment 682830

2018 LR3 at 12%. I can get the full 250 usually for a few moments before significant tapering If ambient is 70+ F and I’m preconditioned. I can’t wait for my Cybertruck, hopefully the curve is a lot better on that.

Reactions: kayak1
If there is any indication this will be a long term closure we can contact the supercharge.info admins (@tes-s @Chuq @corywright) and have the status changed to temp-closure. At this point, it's not clear how long it will be offline.

ALWAYS use your in-car nav for current supercharger status as supercharge.info will never know current status of Tesla's network.

EDIT: I say never, but that's based on the assumption Tesla will not offer API access to their supercharger network status. Such an API service could enable applications such as supercharge.info to pull current status info and update the database regularly vs. crowdsourced updates it's currently fed by. No sign that Tesla is going in that direction though.

Last edited:
If there is any indication this will be a long term closure we can contact the supercharge.info admins (@tes-s @Chuq @corywright) and have the status changed to temp-closure. At this point, it's not clear how long it will be offline.

ALWAYS use your in-car nav for current supercharger status as supercharge.info will never know current status of Tesla's network.

EDIT: I say never, but that's based on the assumption Tesla will not offer API access to their supercharger network status. Such an API service could enable applications such as supercharge.info to pull current status info and update the database regularly vs. crowdsourced updates it's currently fed by. No sign that Tesla is going in that direction though.
Set to temp closure - when it comes back online, be sure to let us know.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tdreamer
Hoping to use Charlton on my way up to the Saratoga Race Course. I can still utilize Auburn and then Albany but I was hoping to not have to get off the Pike…still, much better options than years past, I’m certainly not complaining. Speaking of Saratoga..that would be a great place for a SC. Reminds me of Laconia/Meredith before Tilton was opened.

It's possible whatever was needed to bring the remaining four pedestals online required a site closure. I assume it's only been up with four active since commissioning, but admit I've not been tracking it.

Set to temp closure - when it comes back online, be sure to let us know.
Wow is everybody so helpful here, thank you!

As you said, status set to "Temporarily Closed"

I won't be driving by there this week, but maybe next week on Thursday or Friday. I'm hoping we'll hear back if somebody does spot it opening. Meanwhile, I'll check my Model 3's Supercharger map periodically and will report back if I spot a change. Hopefully this time it'll shows all 8 stalls in operation, which to my knowledge would be a first for this location.

So evident that this will be a very popular location. I'm sure there are a lot of road trippers like jakieemma wishing to avoid 4-miles-off-the-pike Auburn, which now has 8 DC fast chargers for non-Tesla vehicles on the other side of the parking lot nearer to Dunkin', by the way, something I spotted on Sunday June 27 2021 at 7:08pm, with no EVs charging.
2021-07-15_13-47-17.png

Just stopped by today! Doesn't seem to be any caution tape around the superchargers. At first glance they seem to be like any other supercharger but there seems to be some sort of "construction" going on. Little excavator parked behind the stalls but no imminent construction work.

Tried plugging in and there seems to be power running to the chargers because the little button on the handle opens the charge port but plugging it in doesn't output anything, not entirely sure if that means the chargers have power running to them. In-car display stays at the "Ready to Charge Screen" so unfortunately not functional yet.

Drove by at 8pm tonight, Tuesday August 10, no lights on any of the 8 stalls, and for the on screen Supercharger location, it still indicates something like Station Temporarily Out of Service.

A bit Disappointing that it’s taking months for Tesla to finish bringing this site to 100% online. No service vehicles or construction evident, at least not from passing by on the highway (we didn’t bother to exit).

@MarcoRP

Drove by at 8pm tonight, Tuesday August 10, no lights on any of the 8 stalls, and for the on screen Supercharger location, it still indicates something like Station Temporarily Out of Service.

A bit Disappointing that it’s taking months for Tesla to finish bringing this site to 100% online. No service vehicles or construction evident, at least not from passing by on the highway (we didn’t bother to exit).

@MarcoRP
It was working for a few weeks, then went off-line.
That's a pity. I could actually make use this SC on Friday.

When Tesla commissioned the site they only brought up 4/8 of the stalls (ie. one supercharger cabinet) because they found a problem. They didn't tell me what the problem was (I met them across the road eastbound while they were commissioning that site), but obviously it was serious enough to require shutting down the working supercharger to repair.

Patience. Auburn still exists, and if needed, you can loop around to eastbound to charge easily enough.