Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chattanooga, TN - Hamilton Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like we (Chattanooga) are FINALLY getting a new supercharger. The old V2 at the Airport is in a horrible location and is always out of order. Checking the map reveals this:

Find Us Tesla 2022-02-02 at 10.35.57 PM.png

I am in Chattanooga, and am happy to go scouting for the potential new locations if anyone has any intel.

Reactions: PStewart
Start searching Hamilton County Government building permits. You may not find “Tesla” but might find a construction company permit with a large electrical requirement along with something like parking lot improvements/drainage/lighting which might point to a Super Charger installation. Especially in commercial locations that sound like a location for a SC. Then a trip to that location during working hours and ask one of the crew. Just act innocent with “Wow, what are you guys doing here?”.

Permits are in for the new Chattanooga Supercharger, which I assume will eventually replace the odd airport location.

12 stalls are coming soon to Hamilton Place Mall, off I-75. Permits were filed at the end of September and are currently in review.

View attachment 765702
Really rather would see one closer to downtown, as the generic Tesla/findus map shows? I did a trip here recently in a Turo'd m3 and couldn't find an airBnB with a L2 charger. Fortunately, the TVA has decent ChargePoint coverage but I still had to walk a long way back-and-forth leaving it overnight, also incurring extra charges for >6 hour parking. A SC on the west side of town would've been vastly more convenient. Agree @MarcoRP that the current airport location is pretty weird.

gah. The Hamilton place mall area will be a nightmare for traffic. Gunbarrel and Shallowford roads are pretty much parking lots during most daylight hours during the week. Trying to navigate to the mall from I-75 will be a 15 minute endeavor if you’re lucky.

I wonder if this isn’t the supercharger that will be at the future Service Center that’s rumored to be going in.

I live in Chattanooga so I’ll be happy to start looking for any new construction that’s going

Looking at the address 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd. this is over in a little offshoot plaza from the ring that goes around the mall. Will still be nasty traffic.

There’s Jim n nicks BBQ place there, a Carrabbas and a shopping plaza. We’re there pretty often.

Really rather would see one closer to downtown, as the generic Tesla/findus map shows? I did a trip here recently in a Turo'd m3 and couldn't find an airBnB with a L2 charger. Fortunately, the TVA has decent ChargePoint coverage but I still had to walk a long way back-and-forth leaving it overnight, also incurring extra charges for >6 hour parking. A SC on the west side of town would've been vastly more convenient. Agree @MarcoRP that the current airport location is pretty weird.

Download PlugShare if you don’t already have it. There’s a business downtown that has an actual Tesla wall charger and welcomes any Tesla drivers to use it free of charge any time, day or night.

Attachments

• 6C3A51EC-C33C-47B2-B8DA-8499E249407B.png
    6C3A51EC-C33C-47B2-B8DA-8499E249407B.png
    883.2 KB · Views: 164
The wife and I took the kiddo to Carrabas. Nothing has changed so far, the building on the very end still has plastic up in the windows, and there is a demolition permit posted on the windows, but nothing identifying. No work in any of the parking lots to indicate superchargers.

We also were driving around the Mall area a bit running other errands last night and didn't see anything yet.

• Informative
Reactions: docherf and PLUS EV
Some permitting information can be found here:

And the location has a few more permits in route as well, but this address houses several other buildings and businesses as well, so those permits may not be relevant:

I've reached out to the contractor, DGKP Services, to see if they would share more information with a local :)

Reactions: nogajim
Location confirmed and construction has begun!

It’s on the interstate side of the mall, just outside of Party Fowl and Dillards. There’s restrooms right inside the door but the food court is a bit of a walk. Sort of an odd location but probably due to the power feed coming in to the mall.

12 stalls one of them being a pull in stall.
EA5BB1C0-6BEB-4F52-997F-15559A8BE2E3.jpeg

C8DDEECD-2BC6-45DB-81DB-116E4F970D4D.jpeg

CE01D32C-7C31-4F2D-A35C-940EB93E9799.jpeg

CF577099-FDD4-43DA-9831-3F62B50A0A3B.jpeg

Here’s a pin of exact where they are located.

I’ll keep going by to check on the progress. These went in quick so I bet they’ll be online soon.

Location confirmed and construction has begun!

It’s on the interstate side of the mall, just outside of Party Fowl and Dillards. There’s restrooms right inside the door but the food court is a bit of a walk. Sort of an odd location but probably due to the power feed coming in to the mall.

12 stalls one of them being a pull in stall. View attachment 805290

View attachment 805291

View attachment 805292

View attachment 805293

Here’s a pin of exact where they are located.

I’ll keep going by to check on the progress. These went in quick so I bet they’ll be online soon.
How quick is quick? :) I'll be up there doing a lot of driving this weekend and it's a DC fast charging desert up there in SE Tennessee