TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger--Chattanooga

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Chipper, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I was at our local Cars and Coffee yesterday and a guy pulled up in his Porsche 911. He immediately came over to talk with me about my Model S. He said he worked for CBL (mall management company) and asked if I had heard that Tesla was going to put a SC in at Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga. He said it was indeed a fact and that he had actually been in on the negotiations. I asked him when it was going to happen, but he said that had yet to be determined. Looks like in the not too distant future Atlanta owners will be able to go south (Macon) and north (Chattanooga)!

2. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Good start to building out that I-75 infrastructure. Those poor Michiganders need a way to stay warm in the winter.

3. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Michiganders? They need to start on a connection to the west. An Atlanta-Memphis route. Chattanooga would be a good start. Decatur AL would serve east-west and link Nashville to Birmingham at the same time.

4. caddieo

caddieo Member

Agreed. But from Chattanooga northward, they should do more than just I-75. Wolverines, Badgers, Illini and Hooisers need I-65, 24, 55, and 57 when they go to and from the Southeast.

5. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Doesn't seem as important to me to flesh out I-75/I-81 corridor when I-95 is so close and I-65 is so neglected.

6. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

This would be perfect for going between Nashville and Atlanta.

7. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Just drove from Sewanee (daughter's graduation) through mountains to eastern NC in my 12-year-old ICE.......sure wish I'd had a Tesla for the trip!

8. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

Very interesting, Chattanooga isn't even on the end of 2014 map. I imagine as more of the current Coming Soon superchargers are complete, we will see another update to the map with the next batch of "Coming Soon".

9. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Next time give me a holler. I live in Chattanooga and have an 80Amp HPWC you can use.

10. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Thanks for the offer, Chipper, but alas no Tesla yet, just a "wanter" (big time). Hope you've had a chance to enjoy Hwy 64/74 from Cleveland to Asheville in yours :cool:

11. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature