Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cherry Hill, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like its almost done!
1354DDC4-523A-441E-9F96-22EF4FA91CE2.jpeg
Surprised nobody had noticed before now.
Seems like a terrible location for a supercharger though. Its not anywhere near any major highways. Its also only a few miles from the Maple Shade. Guess it’d be convenient for folks in Philly to come out and do some shopping across the street.

Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
That’s great. Too bad my parents moved away from there a few years back and I no longer have a need to go down that way. I literally grew up a half mile from there.

I also grew up a half-mile away from here! And my parents still live there. I will certainly make use of this location over Maple Shade or Marlton when visiting the area as both of those are slightly inconvenient for me. But they all beat out Molly Pitcher or Hamilton Township when those were the only options.** LOL

I think the location makes sense for people traveling east or west to/from Philly over the Ben Franklin or W.W. bridges -- and not necessarily commuters -- maybe shore traffic? But I'm surprised they're not urban SC, which might have made more sense. Is Tesla still doing new urban SCs or are they all V3 now?

** Even before the NJTP SCs -- when visiting my folks, I had to charge a few times at a L2 charger on Chapel Ave (Flaster/Greenberg) to get enough juice to make it to Hamilton Marketplace.

Last edited:
Live very close to this. Exciting.

No change.

I do agree with another poster. Not the best location highway wise.

Except that's it's right by two pretty busy 2-3 lane divided roads with lights but 55mph speed in/out of Philly. 38 and 70.
Both roads are funneling to many affluent zip codes. So would make sense from that perspective.

Downtown Philly is about a 10-12 minute drive from this location.

But overall it's a VERY busy area, with many dozen shopping and eating options within a half mile radius.

Hot take: there are all manner of condos, townhome developments, etc nearby (like on the site of the Pensauken Mart and across the street) and having a supercharger in the are makes it easier for this without dedicated home charging. It isn't downtown living exactly, but not all single homes with garages either.

Hot take: there are all manner of condos, townhome developments, etc nearby (like on the site of the Pensauken Mart and across the street) and having a supercharger in the are makes it easier for this without dedicated home charging. It isn't downtown living exactly, but not all single homes with garages either.
Could be but I think most of the townhomes and condos have garages. I drive by often.

Initially that's what I thought too. That area is a huge hub of development. But I don't think that's what it is. I think it's the rt38 and 70 things. But I'm sure the busyness (is that a word?) of the area contributes too.

Either way. The more the merrier.

But is there a safe and convenient pedestrian crosswalk across Haddonfield Road?

With all the development in the area, Haddonfield Road has turned into a major highway. Without easy access to cross the street to the shops there, what's left on the WaWa side? It's not a terribly walkable area.

(disclaimer: I grew up 1/2 mile away from here and watched the Garden State Park burn down).

When I was a kid, there was this AMAZING new pizza shop at Ellisburg (near were Radio Shack was). But only a few months after opening, a fire burned it out and they never rebuilt/returned.

It was the rumor at the time that it was torched because they didn't buy their cheese from, you know, were everyone else buys their cheese in S. Jersey. :oops:

But is there a safe and convenient pedestrian crosswalk across Haddonfield Road?

With all the development in the area, Haddonfield Road has turned into a major highway. Without easy access to cross the street to the shops there, what's left on the WaWa side? It's not a terribly walkable area.

(disclaimer: I grew up 1/2 mile away from here and watched the Garden State Park burn down).

There is a crosswalk right by wawa. They installed a new intersection with a light.

But honestly the walking distances are a bit on long side.

But that's not the point.
You come to area, do some shopping, pick some cheese cake or good coffee and charge for a few on way out.

Realistically, ur driving home from Philly or to Philly via either 38 or 70, and for some reason need to charge a bit. This is prob about 1-2mins off of either. You grab a snack and a drink at wawa, use the bathroom, play the lotto so you can afford a plaid+, and then go on ur way.

Attachments

• 8D92DB8D-F94C-4A79-AF3B-F350D0C7A7BA.jpeg
    8D92DB8D-F94C-4A79-AF3B-F350D0C7A7BA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • F4257A16-117A-4CF5-8D5E-210A4A003FD8.jpeg
    F4257A16-117A-4CF5-8D5E-210A4A003FD8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38