Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chesapeake, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A permit has been issued for a new Supercharger coming to 101 Hillcrest Pkwy in Chesapeake, VA. City of Chesapeake, Virginia

EDIT: LES has filed tickets on 811. Work could start as early as this week

Project Description:​

Tesla Supercharger - Chesapeake Wawa

"Applicant proposes to install electric vehicle charging stations at the rear corner of the subject parcel consisting of the following: (2) Tesla V3 Supercharger cabinets, (8) charging posts, (2) 600A electrical disconnects; (1) Master site controller & electrical disconnect; (1) C.T. cabinet & meter; and (1) pad mounted utility transformer (sized by utility). All in conformance with the attached plans by Dewberry Engineers Inc. Installation is uninhabited and accessory to the existing o?-street parking."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! When I drive to see in-laws in Chesapeake (Great Bridge) from Raleigh it’s always a hassle to then have to go all the way over to Norfolk/VA Beach to charge. It takes us an hour by the time it’s all said and done. This will be 5 minutes from their house. This is a super location. Chesapeake has a complete lack of any real charging infrastructure. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a rapid change for the area.

With this taking off a major headache for those of us traveling to/from Chesapeake and the upcoming Halifax/Roanoke Rapids Supercharger closing the gap along I-95 between Richmond and Rocky Mount, if we can just get Superchargers near Boone, Southern Pines/Pinehurst, and a couple on I-74/US-74 between Wilmington & Charlotte, just about all of the gaps along all of the major routes will be filled.

Last edited:
Marked but no equipment on-site yet.

21F1FF0D-1426-45FE-A2C1-A43D41009C8A.jpeg

These are from November 5th, 2021. This super charger is on my way from Richmond to Nags Head and I'm sooo grateful for it.

It doesn't look like much has changed in the last month. Hopefully it'll be online soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpeg
    IMG_0832.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    927.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0835.jpeg
    IMG_0835.jpeg