Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chester, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, guess I jinx'd this location with my last post. Saw this today, took up two spots the whole time I was there. At least one more spot was still open, so all good.

I couldn't help but laugh at the situation... Probably the last car type I would have expected to see doing this.

I mean, really? A Volvo? C'MON MAN!!! :D

IMG_8144.JPEG

Can we talk about how expensive the rate is at this location? $0.34/kWh when the retail rate is like $0.11; easily 300% markup and they probably get lower pricing than retail. And this is a 150kWh location, so it's slower to boot.

I hope the Colonial Heights location gets a transformer soon and gets lower pricing.

Can we talk about how expensive the rate is at this location? $0.34/kWh when the retail rate is like $0.11; easily 300% markup and they probably get lower pricing than retail.
Well since you asked...

How do you think they pay for the ~$100,000 it costs to install a supercharger? And what cut, if any, does the landlord (WaWa/Sheetz) get in the lease contract? You are also ignoring any demand charges from the utility which can be very costly.

I also have never seen a supercharger anywhere with a lower cost than $0.28/kWh and that was some time ago. Costs are rising everywhere and in reality $0.34/kWh is not expensive at all and is pretty normal.

And this is a 150kWh location, so it's slower to boot.
Price is per kWh so the max speed of the supercharger is irrelevant to the cost you are being charged.

I hope the Colonial Heights location gets a transformer soon and gets lower pricing.
Unlikely. Will be in line with all other RVA area superchargers.

Last edited: