Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chestertown, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

So, I may have uncovered another Supercharger in New York State today, this one in Chestertown at the Stewart’s Shops on NY-8. While looking for another possible Supercharger in Lake Placid, also said to be at a Stewart’s Shops (see Supercharger - Lake Placid, NY (Planned 2019)), I fell upon a post from a TOCNYS member saying that he found 5 Tesla Supercharger stalls waiting to be activated from Feb 23rd. No photos were provided so I can’t consider this as official yet. Can someone pass through here and take a look?

Forum link below (post about Chestertown photographed below):
Tesla Owners Club New York State - Lake Placid Supercharger
14B81D3B-DBC7-4015-BAF0-252D53BB23D5.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and mociaf9
I thought all V2 were pairs
You get odd numbers by having a V2 supercharger cabinet only serving one stall instead of the normal 2. This is relatively rare, but happens on occasion. Given that it's a rare occurrence and that the site's still in the construction phase, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually 6 stalls and just one of them wasn't completed or was otherwise inconspicuous enough to have been missed when Dan was counting. We'll have to wait for pics to be sure of what's what.

Reactions: MarkeR2002
This will reduce the largest gap on I-87 to less than 100 miles.

Chestertown, NY

Along Primary Interstates: I-87
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-9
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-87

To: Plattsburgh, NY - 82.9 miles
Diversion: 1.8 miles
To: Canada @ Champlain, NY - 105 miles

To: Brossard, QC (I-87, QC-30) - 142.6 miles

The 82.9 miles to Plattsburgh, NY is now the largest gap on I-87.