Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chestnut Hill, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found the Tesla plans through the earlier Newton permit link: http://apps.newtonma.gov/apps/test/p/18060751/Plans.pdf. Fun reading if you really want to know the details of how a supercharger is connected.

Looks like 8 standard V2 150 kW pedestals, in a nice little isolated parking area:

SC.PNG

Found the Tesla plans through the earlier Newton permit link: http://apps.newtonma.gov/apps/test/p/18060751/Plans.pdf. Fun reading if you really want to know the details of how a supercharger is connected.

Looks like 8 standard V2 150 kW pedestals, in a nice little isolated parking area:

View attachment 468815

I assumed it will be urban, just like the superchargers in Boston and Cambridge. There goes my plan to shop at Wegmans while charging at this supercharger. Also, I'm surprised Tesla actually calls this location Chestnut Hill instead of Newton.

Also, I'm surprised Tesla actually calls this location Chestnut Hill instead of Newton.

I assume they're just following the retail lead - you've got "The shops at Chestnut Hill" on one side and "The Street Chestnut Hill" on the other. Even the Wegmans across the street uses a Chestnut Hill address. Heck - condos in that area use Chestnut Hill even if you can't even see the hill!

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP
I assume they're just following the retail lead - you've got "The shops at Chestnut Hill" on one side and "The Street Chestnut Hill" on the other. Even the Wegmans across the street uses a Chestnut Hill address. Heck - condos in that area use Chestnut Hill even if you can't even see the hill!

According to Wikipedia, the name does not refer to any specific hill.

Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts

According to Wikipedia, the name does not refer to any specific hill.

Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts

So fun fact I learned after not understanding what the heck Chestnut Hill is and trying to (after many years of living locally to it). It is a village. A village typically does not mean much. Or sometimes it does. They can have their own Zip. The Village of Chestnut Hill spans 3 cities (Boston, Brookline, and Newton) as well as 3 counties (the only village to do both those things). It has its own Zip Code, and can be used as an address.

So essentially it is a micro county with no actual authority or reason to exist. If your write Chestnut Hill as your address, which is standard when you live there, that could literally mean 1 of 3 cities. Basically it's nonsense. So it fits right in at Massachusetts :)

That being said I love the area so much and want to buy there but pricing is too insane for what your get ...

So essentially it is a micro county with no actual authority or reason to exist. If your write Chestnut Hill as your address, which is standard when you live there, that could literally mean 1 of 3 cities. Basically it's nonsense. So it fits right in at Massachusetts :)

Indeed, though Villages are mostly a Newton thing (they have 13 of them, apparently). My favorite is 'Waban', which, when pronounced with a good Boston accent, is indistinguishable from 'Woburn'.

Indeed, though Villages are mostly a Newton thing (they have 13 of them, apparently). My favorite is 'Waban', which, when pronounced with a good Boston accent, is indistinguishable from 'Woburn'.
Nahhhh they are so different...

"Woo-bahn" vs "Waa-bahn"

Nope you are right lol.

I never understood the Newton villages. Lived there and around for many years. Need to find a good article on the full history of why ...

Nahhhh they are so different...

"Woo-bahn" vs "Waa-bahn"

Nope you are right lol.

I never understood the Newton villages. Lived there and around for many years. Need to find a good article on the full history of why ...
Whoa. Flashback to the announcements while riding the D Green Line from "Rivahside" to "Fenway Pahk!"

I just stopped by today and took photos too. Anybody know what those 4 white boxes are that look a little like ATMs? They obviously are not the bollards. Part of the charging hardware?
ATMs??? That’s a new idea. No, those are the Supercharger cabinets. One cabinets powers 2 stalls.

Anybody know what those 4 white boxes are that look a little like ATMs?

Each of those cabinets contains a bunch of chargers running in parallel, those are actually what dumps power in the car. I can't speak for newer revisions of the cabinets, but back in the day each of them contained 12 of the same chargers used in Model S. (Back in the single/dual 40/80 amp charging days). Those chargers inside the cabinets can fail individually from time to time, but the supercharger will continue to operate at reduced power output until Tesla comes and fixes them. It's one of the pain points that can cause slow supercharging.

iu.jpeg