Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chestnut Hill, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw the guys installing the charging stations yesterday and stopped for a chat. They were contractors from Tennessee. They told me that all the electrical work was complete, but that a Tesla employee would have to come by to validate the installation, including running diagnostics and connecting a Tesla to each of the charging stations. They said that once that was done then the lights on the chargers would go on.

They said that they have been working non-stop installing chargers all over the country and were about to go to Kissimmee Florida for their next stop and ... go kayaking. I had to ask then I saw the two boats sitting in the snow. Here's my picture of the new charges and kayaks (the guys preferred to stay off camera).

sRBoRZBuo6DXum-35Ea8BhOE_ILBdknpiFqz1Ha1yXTS4eHjnjN63-qRFsETJbAO7uOV81k3oS_WJeDGY1LcnBqAPVafZO_mnBGztRJTFad0oDke2zXmozmpa90VwukkLSq_R1f5zZb-GJOGCutCThGi8NnAqhHqd-3XHmXaYM-h2BmFL1lvH86bZzkWdNBZyCt_S7joYeV6c4lmK2eDeVmfmerabcP2WMQAKf22E1KeqJmNM_47GuvsJPQ7IirpXniL-CNP2AhtogAOKPL6qRrYluLzGsu4VETNR3ZOvsMCsuoYfDZOI3qMLm-datiY_Sb2-EUAQWDSyXKv2sIttqw0STmkhPnEr5XIaRLM5VIMzg-U9iI9sHly8MwrJmGhPAua9yAoNgjhv_039DG_vpNagpWEdMC-k9b6RyUQnDYv0qOejEp74jY75mFZGvLUHaq3cUbBzBffP_HYcc77pJr-zH5qHKknGMnDxZAxzUHaDwr76-HHR_ysCPqVkP6x7K9SADTPLXA-s7WHptoH8BcsEXPkAvEB35liK8DMxf-0J-jCG4QCkWEujFg8UYubEacnvg2b4B_OJBzzLWyPg1QVKplqP5PhSPdFZ3E05JFxu0GGmq-3lzV9Lyo5hz6n5DGoxwWXB-oj2bt6GrJeYyoKYDU0y-2PcESK4RZS8GCM3sHhywDVS8WP=w1666-h1249-no

ifFVvt0KEuBY1MmTJld-WcDuef75a3CsOdk2C4UjlmLR1kzf3-ByI1aWu5MNPzENO_a-sdyg7rYFeoWcFHEuqsZb9KA2tfOxARC2o6LB2Xeg7EIDc2pojTGkkyuHvzC_cG-LdNgqVW7HSgTGaTvVn5zmKRqBMI1uhSq7ZssDogrSwH388JjqY3AvOMC5JhW__n4SLROuZsbBQx6Hy7Ef73Q4X_sJY5b5MCUVDTpFXC6SnT0XbfvycBtv5kqJzN6MYrpF8AmzpOrXPsDOIgbbWZSLni3O1HlD6gJXS7NywKEHNfQHlA68ZFg-yt0lMTXTZ_ulA1g-ftnA-mxw37UJa2dDReYiPRkfpPcy2dY35t8d8zV6RnYrK9OaYzNuyohcobyXZLWJvv_BEJkDdE_3vENTF6DsxdasAGpV4dMe2bf_qumqwbRwmEIEq4cEoEyTxc1beShNT_Nm0Z9I8v6QPNIN2N5Ny8aA57_dC9819utMRfniuzguDwCXCAiS5ymGpUiecNxAy3fZRPK_8ApP2-w9MSBVNJD3s6bh9sIzR0hhpz1CGzAP_nDZkfiN-wKvJINWj15_4Se3fVF8Pg0ZSsDXdGyuxfboPsjooG-RLU5FIjSlKN_XCYc5SuaPYwxwkHwyB5E9Zc3TYZ6LDZBybZa2bpTO2cWExLtzSczWgZEDEKZPWgSYJV2A=w938-h1249-no

The electric company was also doing work on the nearby utility pole at the same time.
aK8xDp7mYeRZF0ZWnXBr5N_NCjm_oRqlsHrPfFktlMtqGE66Lv1ZYEtfN95vOyTZd0l8lNdcpKqK2R3RdNRRNvtVg1GuuQkfd2LR6MTH0zRPWb7o1aKjoFZOvPMzVPCbLzOjEFz7eWYlk7uAgPfhW3Tg5YpHaabD0_OWoQhOJDl2IkLN-vObMQbVBQhgBa3iPasGFSUH_wdf7CY8jZIDaB_OGyDn_4i187vUQi_o-A1nj3v2YSc1JM_evQu7pEns12cyoAJGkKB5GASE5lWOEe3muKdXF0IdKfNSZHrdY041tVonlZ1CoVYb0HiwtCHzJm4OEee5cFTelU17iug9togfUIdw9YbT8b02IqGTgaKm52JDNYP9NN-oxljkEBF0tHM_B87PwuHwphkr1zPh1WvyXN8j6syLilV5_wQlVsDthbtrNeUZYVU6Ilfj8P_UogYE41irxsGkjcQXgcvuU2719lk9UPz0t4uJnZDpRbaUlSeZ4kus2E2NPbzntwImvVncJAPieBuhrAzMJuQLqvrS7KrmvDAJkXmj4Ku2efE9g5AjCcFAX7WU0SsEQhvb2n4ZgXo76QoHFLjTcQYklG5OOSEAWrzouwK02d77MwJvETd9h1X1cQzfCgasI46-kqkaNdBauBVYM46yMPISHoymqR5DH6G2Kp6F1ltWNeCgy1_wSGX--89H=w1666-h1249-no
Where are the pictures?

I saw the guys installing the charging stations yesterday and stopped for a chat. They were contractors from Tennessee. They told me that all the electrical work was complete, but that a Tesla employee would have to come by to validate the installation, including running diagnostics and connecting a Tesla to each of the charging stations. They said that once that was done then the lights on the chargers would go on.

They said that they have been working non-stop installing chargers all over the country and were about to go to Kissimmee Florida for their next stop and ... go kayaking. I had to ask then I saw the two boats sitting in the snow. Here's my picture of the new charges and kayaks (the guys preferred to stay off camera).

The electric company was also doing work on the nearby utility pole at the same time.
Thanks for taking the initiative to talk with the contractors and for sharing this information. I think I've seen some of this information about the distances these guys travel in various other supercharger-under-construction posts. It's really interesting to know just how far these guys travel and gives at least a little insight into why some of these construction projects and their progress flow the way they do. The Tesla technicians that do the supercharger maintenance and commissioning also have a very large territory (hopefully not this large!), which is at least one of the explanations why some of these sites apparently sit finished but inactive for a long time before coming to life. The other common factors delaying activation are utility hookups and/or inspections. There are a number of locations at or near completion in the New England area now (CT, MA, NH, ME) and with any luck the Tesla supercharger techs will make the rounds in the coming few weeks to deliver end-of-year presents to us all.

Thanks for taking the initiative to talk with the contractors and for sharing this information. I think I've seen some of this information about the distances these guys travel in various other supercharger-under-construction posts. It's really interesting to know just how far these guys travel and gives at least a little insight into why some of these construction projects and their progress flow the way they do. The Tesla technicians that do the supercharger maintenance and commissioning also have a very large territory (hopefully not this large!), which is at least one of the explanations why some of these sites apparently sit finished but inactive for a long time before coming to life. The other common factors delaying activation are utility hookups and/or inspections. There are a number of locations at or near completion in the New England area now (CT, MA, NH, ME) and with any luck the Tesla supercharger techs will make the rounds in the coming few weeks to deliver end-of-year presents to us all.

To add to this. The day of or day after Lynnfield went live (actual live, not when it showed up on the map a week later) there was a Tesla tech there. Chatted him up for a bit. I completely spaced his name, but really good guy.

I am foggy on exact details as it was months back, but what I recall when I asked him what the deal was with getting them live and why they take so long. Long story, it is just him (it was either just him or there was someone else, it I think he said just him), for New England and other parts of the Northeast. And he did all Tesla work, not just superchargers; he certified commercial projects too. His travel sounded constant and all over the Noeth East.

That is what I recall and would explain the delays.

I needed to make a purchase in the shopping center at this SC. Since today is one of the busiest shopping days of the year, I expected ICED stalls. But they were empty probably due to ample parking near stores. There's a base for a light, but no pole/light.

View attachment 491191 View attachment 491192

I must have missed you by a few minutes! Was there at about 3:00 lol. One of the handles was already dropped on the ground so I picked it up.

Are we 100% this is V2 and not V3? Reason I ask is there are no pairing numbers at the base of them and thought that maybe you don't need them on V3? I know permit said V2, but I can hope :). The big V3 station in vegas doesn't have the stall pairing numbers :)

I must have missed you by a few minutes! Was there at about 3:00 lol. One of the handles was already dropped on the ground so I picked it up.

Are we 100% this is V2 and not V3? Reason I ask is there are no pairing numbers at the base of them and thought that maybe you don't need them on V3? I know permit said V2, but I can hope :). The big V3 station in vegas doesn't have the stall pairing numbers :)
I'm pretty sure the pairing numbers are added by the Tesla rep during the final stages of commissioning.

sRBoRZBuo6DXum-35Ea8BhOE_ILBdknpiFqz1Ha1yXTS4eHjnjN63-qRFsETJbAO7uOV81k3oS_WJeDGY1LcnBqAPVafZO_mnBGztRJTFad0oDke2zXmozmpa90VwukkLSq_R1f5zZb-GJOGCutCThGi8NnAqhHqd-3XHmXaYM-h2BmFL1lvH86bZzkWdNBZyCt_S7joYeV6c4lmK2eDeVmfmerabcP2WMQAKf22E1KeqJmNM_47GuvsJPQ7IirpXniL-CNP2AhtogAOKPL6qRrYluLzGsu4VETNR3ZOvsMCsuoYfDZOI3qMLm-datiY_Sb2-EUAQWDSyXKv2sIttqw0STmkhPnEr5XIaRLM5VIMzg-U9iI9sHly8MwrJmGhPAua9yAoNgjhv_039DG_vpNagpWEdMC-k9b6RyUQnDYv0qOejEp74jY75mFZGvLUHaq3cUbBzBffP_HYcc77pJr-zH5qHKknGMnDxZAxzUHaDwr76-HHR_ysCPqVkP6x7K9SADTPLXA-s7WHptoH8BcsEXPkAvEB35liK8DMxf-0J-jCG4QCkWEujFg8UYubEacnvg2b4B_OJBzzLWyPg1QVKplqP5PhSPdFZ3E05JFxu0GGmq-3lzV9Lyo5hz6n5DGoxwWXB-oj2bt6GrJeYyoKYDU0y-2PcESK4RZS8GCM3sHhywDVS8WP=w1666-h1249-no

ifFVvt0KEuBY1MmTJld-WcDuef75a3CsOdk2C4UjlmLR1kzf3-ByI1aWu5MNPzENO_a-sdyg7rYFeoWcFHEuqsZb9KA2tfOxARC2o6LB2Xeg7EIDc2pojTGkkyuHvzC_cG-LdNgqVW7HSgTGaTvVn5zmKRqBMI1uhSq7ZssDogrSwH388JjqY3AvOMC5JhW__n4SLROuZsbBQx6Hy7Ef73Q4X_sJY5b5MCUVDTpFXC6SnT0XbfvycBtv5kqJzN6MYrpF8AmzpOrXPsDOIgbbWZSLni3O1HlD6gJXS7NywKEHNfQHlA68ZFg-yt0lMTXTZ_ulA1g-ftnA-mxw37UJa2dDReYiPRkfpPcy2dY35t8d8zV6RnYrK9OaYzNuyohcobyXZLWJvv_BEJkDdE_3vENTF6DsxdasAGpV4dMe2bf_qumqwbRwmEIEq4cEoEyTxc1beShNT_Nm0Z9I8v6QPNIN2N5Ny8aA57_dC9819utMRfniuzguDwCXCAiS5ymGpUiecNxAy3fZRPK_8ApP2-w9MSBVNJD3s6bh9sIzR0hhpz1CGzAP_nDZkfiN-wKvJINWj15_4Se3fVF8Pg0ZSsDXdGyuxfboPsjooG-RLU5FIjSlKN_XCYc5SuaPYwxwkHwyB5E9Zc3TYZ6LDZBybZa2bpTO2cWExLtzSczWgZEDEKZPWgSYJV2A=w938-h1249-no

aK8xDp7mYeRZF0ZWnXBr5N_NCjm_oRqlsHrPfFktlMtqGE66Lv1ZYEtfN95vOyTZd0l8lNdcpKqK2R3RdNRRNvtVg1GuuQkfd2LR6MTH0zRPWb7o1aKjoFZOvPMzVPCbLzOjEFz7eWYlk7uAgPfhW3Tg5YpHaabD0_OWoQhOJDl2IkLN-vObMQbVBQhgBa3iPasGFSUH_wdf7CY8jZIDaB_OGyDn_4i187vUQi_o-A1nj3v2YSc1JM_evQu7pEns12cyoAJGkKB5GASE5lWOEe3muKdXF0IdKfNSZHrdY041tVonlZ1CoVYb0HiwtCHzJm4OEee5cFTelU17iug9togfUIdw9YbT8b02IqGTgaKm52JDNYP9NN-oxljkEBF0tHM_B87PwuHwphkr1zPh1WvyXN8j6syLilV5_wQlVsDthbtrNeUZYVU6Ilfj8P_UogYE41irxsGkjcQXgcvuU2719lk9UPz0t4uJnZDpRbaUlSeZ4kus2E2NPbzntwImvVncJAPieBuhrAzMJuQLqvrS7KrmvDAJkXmj4Ku2efE9g5AjCcFAX7WU0SsEQhvb2n4ZgXo76QoHFLjTcQYklG5OOSEAWrzouwK02d77MwJvETd9h1X1cQzfCgasI46-kqkaNdBauBVYM46yMPISHoymqR5DH6G2Kp6F1ltWNeCgy1_wSGX--89H=w1666-h1249-no

ha! These are the same guys who did Lynnfield. I was so confused as to why they had so many kayaks at there worksite. They also drink more Mountain Dew than anyone I’ve ever seen. Literally multiple trash bags full of empty dew at the end of the project.

I'm pretty sure the pairing numbers are added by the Tesla rep during the final stages of commissioning.

Maybe commissioning cannot occur until lighting is completed. Night safety may be mandated by Tesla or town inspector.
Kudos to Tesla for locating this SC in a no-charge parking lot similar to South Bay. IMHO, 80% of SC value is lost when we must pay a hefty price to park & charge. Think of Prudential and Cambridgeside garages. City government in Boston & Cambridge should provide land for charging zero emission vehicles. What a easy way to reduce climate change!

I’ve seen a few locations go live prior to lighting completion. But Chestnut Hill is still missing it’s meter as of this evening (and lights are still not on site or installed although lost everything else appears done. A number of things could explain that.