Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chevy Chase, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lanny

Nov 29, 2011
MD
EEA2811C-5E32-40B7-9673-F8635E947C8E.jpeg

Under construction in the garage at Chevy Chase Lake Shopping Center / The Ritz-Carlton Residences. The stalls are lit up but are behind a fence and currently inaccessible. H/T to @David99 for finding this one. I took this photo through the fence Sunday morning. I counted eight stalls.

@corywright or @tes-s, could you please add this to Supercharge.info?

Use this entrance. Go to the far side of the building via Manor Rd, turn into the access way, and then immediately right into the parking garage. @tes-s, @corywright, the pin on supercharge.info isn't in the right location. See image below.

1657061759227.png

The pin on supercharge.info needs to be moved.
View attachment 825125

Attachments

• 1657061910012.png
    1657061910012.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 56
Ugh.... I tried to get there this evening so I could share a first. Arrived at 7:30 p.m. All the garage doors were closed. I found two garage doors in the building and both were closed with no means (that I could find) to open them. At least it wasn't too far a drive to get there .....

I wonder if this is due to ongoing construction or if this will be standard operating procedure ....

Well, shut out again!

I was in Bethesda today and drove over to the Chevy Chase superchargers. The roll-down garage doors were open. At the bottom of the ramp (on the commercial side), the entry bars were lowered and no attempt to open the gate worked. I put the car in park and spoke with one of the construction personnel in the area, and they had no idea the gates were inoperable. So I went around to the other side, and once again the gates were lowered and entry appears to be restricted to those were are residents or are planning to be residents. No way could I open the gate.

So I am 0 for 2 on this one.

BTW, the Tesla screen did say the superchargers were temporarily offline. I could see the pedestals (beyond the lowered gate) and they were all lit. Just sayin......

Reactions: PStewart
Well, shut out again!

I was in Bethesda today and drove over to the Chevy Chase superchargers. The roll-down garage doors were open. At the bottom of the ramp (on the commercial side), the entry bars were lowered and no attempt to open the gate worked. I put the car in park and spoke with one of the construction personnel in the area, and they had no idea the gates were inoperable. So I went around to the other side, and once again the gates were lowered and entry appears to be restricted to those were are residents or are planning to be residents. No way could I open the gate.

So I am 0 for 2 on this one.

BTW, the Tesla screen did say the superchargers were temporarily offline. I could see the pedestals (beyond the lowered gate) and they were all lit. Just sayin......
This site is going to be iffy for a while

Reactions: PStewart
They made me take a ticket when pulling in, so they MAY be charging now (won't know until I leave). The Red glow against concrete walls do create a pretty red glow, however the rest of the lots view is definitely lacking... & creepy at 4:30am on a Fri night/Sat morning, when ur a woman completely alone in an empty of ppl yet full of crap parking garage! Definitely NOT a supercharging favorite!!!
16585653995104202662844805361820.jpg
16585654237971685881211811848084.jpg
16585656607963687422380135059059.jpg

They made me take a ticket when pulling in, so they MAY be charging now (won't know until I leave). The Red glow against concrete walls do create a pretty red glow, however the rest of the lots view is definitely lacking... & creepy at 4:30am on a Fri night/Sat morning, when ur a woman completely alone in an empty of ppl yet full of crap parking garage! Definitely NOT a supercharging favorite!!!View attachment 831846View attachment 831847View attachment 831848
Was there cell service yet?
I can definitely grok why who felt unsafe. Hopefully it'll improve as curtain l construction finishes and there is more life in the garage.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
This is currently in my abrp plan for Saturday, 7/30 but when I clicked it in there it had mentioned some things about why it wasnt being included in automating routing (even though it was in mine) which led me to research this. I was really hoping these issues weren't going to be as recent as they are but this is a fairly new SC.

Any other experiences here yet? Some consistent success would be nice to see. The red glow sounds neat as this stuff goes. :)