Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chicago, IL (Lincoln Park)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharge.info is showing a new supercharger under construction at 3030 N Broadway so went to check it out tonight and it is indeed there - on the 2nd floor of the Mariano’s parking garage. It’s tough to tell how many spots there will be - could be anywhere from 6-10, I’d guess, depending on whether all of the roped off ones are going to be used. It’s already a very busy parking garage - these spots will be in high demand and well-used, and likely at risk of being parked in by other shoppers. But I’m happy to see them being installed in any case!

BFD55282-4A56-441E-9873-8A069B93391A.jpeg
143CDE5C-6CF7-4BE1-AD06-A0C226C45431.jpeg
6EB5954D-B820-473D-B78E-28B793E3C054.jpeg
92879B60-179D-4FF0-A398-6857C53C7EA5.jpeg
53B3C455-231B-45C2-BD66-DA05E120AA10.jpeg
C4D49E80-549B-492D-BBE6-C08995EF9B67.jpeg
F0AFE789-27F2-4210-B02B-36B85C4B510E.jpeg
5BB6C54E-3489-4DBA-B2A2-D1B8EE4FC86A.jpeg

Supercharge.info is showing a new supercharger under construction at 3030 N Broadway so went to check it out tonight and it is indeed there - on the 2nd floor of the Mariano’s parking garage. It’s tough to tell how many spots there will be - could be anywhere from 6-10, I’d guess, depending on whether all of the roped off ones are going to be used. It’s already a very busy parking garage - these spots will be in high demand and well-used, and likely at risk of being parked in by other shoppers. But I’m happy to see them being installed in any case!

View attachment 264450 View attachment 264451 View attachment 264452 View attachment 264453 View attachment 264454 View attachment 264455 View attachment 264456 View attachment 264457
Thanks for the construction pics.

I agree, the risk of the spaces being ICE'd is very high.
Looking forward to seeing how Tesla/Mariano's will deal with the ICEing problem.

Question for the locals...

Background: Tesla recently changed almost all of their "coming in 2017" supercharger sites to "coming in 2018" - except for a very small number which are instead marked as "coming soon". Of those, many are already identified and listed on supercharge.info, but there are about a dozen worldwide which, according to Tesla are close to opening, but have not be spotted by the community. More details at: Tesla Supercharger network

Now, one of these sites listed is "Skokie, IL". I checked supercharge.info and nothing has been spotted there, but I notice this site (listed as "Chicago-Wrigleyville, IL") is there - and although it is kind of close to Skokie, it doesn't appear to be the right name for the location. So I ask the TMC members familiar with the area... has Tesla got the names wrong? Or is there a chance there is another supercharger site under construction in Skokie that hasn't been spotted yet? Do any locals want to get out there and try and find it?

• Informative
Reactions: Peteybabes

Background: Tesla recently changed almost all of their "coming in 2017" supercharger sites to "coming in 2018" - except for a very small number which are instead marked as "coming soon". Of those, many are already identified and listed on supercharge.info, but there are about a dozen worldwide which, according to Tesla are close to opening, but have not be spotted by the community. More details at: Tesla Supercharger network

Now, one of these sites listed is "Skokie, IL". I checked supercharge.info and nothing has been spotted there, but I notice this site (listed as "Chicago-Wrigleyville, IL") is there - and although it is kind of close to Skokie, it doesn't appear to be the right name for the location. So I ask the TMC members familiar with the area... has Tesla got the names wrong? Or is there a chance there is another supercharger site under construction in Skokie that hasn't been spotted yet? Do any locals want to get out there and try and find it?
My guess is that they will go into the Old Orchard Mall parking garage or lot. After all, they do have a store there now.

I was curious about this too as I'm right in between Highland Park and Rolling Meadows.
Wrigleyville is certainly too far away to be the Skokie one. I checked the Glenview Mariano's last week and didn't see anything there; probably going to run by the Skokie Mariano's this week. I will probably also have time to check Old Orchard this week though I think someone else would have noticed it by now.

I was curious about this too as I'm right in between Highland Park and Rolling Meadows.
Wrigleyville is certainly too far away to be the Skokie one. I checked the Glenview Mariano's last week and didn't see anything there; probably going to run by the Skokie Mariano's this week. I will probably also have time to check Old Orchard this week though I think someone else would have noticed it by now.

No activity at the Skokie Mariano's. Will check OO another day.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Supercharge.info says that this is “Wrigleyville”. Yet, this discussion forum calls it “Lincoln Park”. The Tesla official website shows separate Wrigleyville and Lincoln Park locations. Does anyone know which one this is?

This is on the north end of Lincoln Park right on the border of Lincoln Park and Lake View. People that live right around it call the area Belmont Harbor. Wrigleyville is really a few blocks further north.

I saw some construction starting in the Old Orchard parking lot far out from the Buffalo Wild Wings entrance. I was unable to confirm if this was a Tesla SC install as the few boxes that were out were too far to see any tagging and everything else was in shipping containers. IF this is an install it's just getting started and no way will be done in the next few weeks.

I stopped by this location today, as ReadyAimFire said they are stilled bagged. I went and unbagged on just to check and they are definitely almost ready. I can’t imagine this will take more than another 2-3 weeks.

There are 8 spots total. I snooped around the equipment but couldn’t confirm if they were higher than 72kW.

Also, to clarify, this location is considered Lakeview, more specifically Lakeview East.