Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chicago, IL (Lincoln Park)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to report that ALL the spots were FREE on a Tuesday afternoon around 2pm. The signs have changed. Half of them used to say 30 MINUTES GENERAL PARKING. Now ALL of them say TESLA VEHICLE CHARGING. Much better! Just saw an ice vehicle want to park and then pull back out of a Tesla spot, as it clearly states Tesla vehicle charging. And the regular spots on this floor were all full, so people have to go one floor up.

D0FA35F8-568C-49C9-9F52-D5361F64C525.jpeg
ICE ICE baby

If you look closely you might be able to see my blue Model S. 7 of 8 ICEd and none of the owners are anywhere to be seen for the 20 minutes I’ve been here

I was lucky to get the last stall as I had to fight off an ICE who tried to take it as I backed in. This is Monday at 7pm.

Giving this location an F+.

If you look closely you might be able to see my blue Model S. 7 of 8 ICEd and none of the owners are anywhere to be seen for the 20 minutes I’ve been here

I was lucky to get the last stall as I had to fight off an ICE who tried to take it as I backed in. This is Monday at 7pm.

Giving this location an F+.

Did you give it a + because you got the last stall?

I don't understand. Somebody paid to have that location installed. Shouldn't that entity be upset that their investment is basically a total waste because nobody is getting value out of it? Wouldn't it be natural they would want to have cars towed if they're not charging?

Just realized you must have missed me by like 10 minutes or something. I frequently visit this location only to find it ICED anytime after 4PM.

I've tried to e-mail the property manager in the past with no response. If anyone wants to try to talk to a brick wall, here's that information: 3030 North Broadway | Retail Space for Lease in Chicago, Illinois.
Yeah 3 of the same cars are in our pictures. But I suppose they could have been there all day. I posted immediately when I was there, so I think it was 6:45pm or so.

Yeah 3 of the same cars are in our pictures. But I suppose they could have been there all day. I posted immediately when I was there, so I think it was 6:45pm or so.

My picture was taken at 6PM right before I left. I was on the spot to the way left charging , that mini had pulled up right when I left.

A very nice gentlemen called me from the management company (DDR) and let me know that it was essentially out of his hands, and that Tesla leases these spots, and that they are responsible for policing them. We had a nice conversation and he was quite understanding but the bottom line is that they aren't going to do anything about it, and that Tesla is aware, and that we should be bothering Tesla about it. He did mention that Tesla was in the process of putting in some fixes, first initiative being painting more definitive lines. I don't know if paint will help... but yea.

Sounds like we need to communicate with whoever the regional team is working on this.

• Helpful
Reactions: Takumi
All they need is a bunch of cones. Such a simple fix. First put them on the lines and if that doesn't work you put them directly in each parking spot. The latter is more effective but a little bit of a pain for Tesla owners as we have to get out to move them before parking and then hopefully put them back after we leave.

All they need is a bunch of cones. Such a simple fix. First put them on the lines and if that doesn't work you put them directly in each parking spot. The latter is more effective but a little bit of a pain for Tesla owners as we have to get out to move them before parking and then hopefully put them back after we leave.

Or Tesla hires the devil himself aka Lincoln Towing.

• Love
Reactions: _jal_