Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chicago, IL (Lincoln Park)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed with Vegim on location. That is the reason for my earlier question. This location is technically neither Lincoln Park nor Wrigleyville, but rather it is Lakeview. This forum and supercharge.info are conflicted as to the location, and the official Tesla forum has Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville, and “Chicago” as upcoming locations. It will be interesting to see what this one is ultimately called.

In any event, looking forward to any and all new locations in 2018. The Lakeshore East location is becoming a hassle

Agreed on Lakeshore East becoming a hassle. Did want to note that these SCs are in a brand new building. It opened around September of 2016 (Mariano's Opens In Lakeview Tuesday — Take A Peek Inside (PHOTOS)). The building is huge! I really hope they capitalize on the new infrastructure the SCs are capable of 120kW. I can't imagine this building having anything less than 2000A 480V power, which would mean that 120kW are very possible.

I'll keep my fingers crossed but won't hold my breath. I'm also concerned that they won't be able to police ICEing all that well.

wanted to post an update - they aren’t done yet but they are 100% 72kW SCs. Lots of work has been done the past 2 weeks, several different crews. Looks like it’s any day now, and actually the crews look like comed, and it’s most likely comed is the hold up here.

Reactions: NN99
As of a few days ago, I am told these are still a couple weeks away from being ready. And I agree these are likely Wrigleyville (now that the New City location is permitted - that is likely the Lincoln Park spot)

Attachments

• 423A6FEE-8666-491E-B950-2B191898F317.jpeg
    423A6FEE-8666-491E-B950-2B191898F317.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 052F319D-65A2-4B97-AF69-1367EF5B71E6.jpeg
    052F319D-65A2-4B97-AF69-1367EF5B71E6.jpeg
    409 KB · Views: 168
  • 197ECB0D-618C-4D09-9FCF-55D30943AD62.jpeg
    197ECB0D-618C-4D09-9FCF-55D30943AD62.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 163
They're OPEN!

And ICED. They opened yesterday I believe. Went there today and 1 stall was available. One person got out of their car as I just gave them a look of shame and said, "What? These other people are doing it". She also mentioned the "Hybrid" spots were occupied by non hybrid vehicles, which is fair, however, there's no chargers... so not really. The friendly conversation ended with me just saying that she can do whatever she wants, but the sign is in English.

gHfKVJ6

Also, half of the spots say Tesla VEHICLE CHARGING ONLY

The other half say TESLA 30 MINUTE GENERAL PARKING

Seriously? All of the cars were there for over an hour while I went downstairs to speak with the Mariano's manager to kindly ask for contact information about the property manager. He was super helpful and said he'll reach out. I'm doubtful anything will come out of it, but this is going to be real shitty if this is the way it's going to be here.

And after this thread being named "Lincoln Park" and supercharge.info calling it "Wrigleyville", finally we have a name for it - "Chicago - North Broadway" :)

The supercharge.info entry has been updated to match Tesla, I would recommend that this thread be renamed as well to save confusion. Especially when the actual Lincoln Park site (still grey on the Tesla site) progresses!

iW1155Z.png

• Love
Reactions: sammyfan711
Skokie and Broadway both open - what a dream!

I was on 1053 W Grand Sunday night, needed 20 miles to get home. Both Superchargers were full and a Model X was waiting for over an hour that had dibs on the next open spot.

I plugged into a wall charger and got my 20 miles in about a half hour - and that was the last time I'll ever have to do it!

My life just got so much simpler, my wife will love me more, thank you Tesla!

Half the spots were ICEd today. I left notes on these cars. Anybody have any ideas what to do as it doesn't seem like the management will threaten/tow their customers. I was thinking to suggest putting orange cones in the spots as the Tesla owners will know to move them and they seem to somewhat work.

IMG_20180207_182954.jpg

Reactions: NN99
Too many spots are getting ICE'd. Given the cost of installation, it would be unwise for this Charging Station to become useless. As the property management will not tow, I suggest they paint the pavement red and the wall, white to make identifying the spots more easily as a charging location..... along with placing cones on the spots. I'd also complain every time this happens so that eventually management will take some action.

Went here Monday and used the SC while also hitting Mariano’s. All the spots were clear of non-Tesla vehicles besides a MS that was charging there. I hope it stays that way, but I work from home so I can visit during the middle of the day when things aren’t too crazy. Nice to have this one so close to my home in Roscoe Village. It’s also right by Intelligentsia Broadway, where I get my coffee beans and caffiene fix on a weekly basis.

Reactions: MarkoC