Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chico, CA (LIVE 18 Jun 2019, expanded 2021, 18 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210602-105352_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-105352_Tesla.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 92
I just charged here, and it's very strange. There are "Tesla" striped curbs behind the chargers, for angle-in parking, and you can plug in from the rear, taking away a charger for the slots in the "front." Never seen it configured like that. In theory, if the charger were full and you knew who was going to leave next, you could park in the opposite spot (for most of them) and wait for them to unplug and they would not have to leave. You could even have Tesla program so that when a car fills up, the guy behind can unplug you and move the plug to their car, and you would then not pay idle fees. Not that they do this. Here you see a guy at the back plugged into 4A while the 2 other cars are at the front. It is also important to note because these are V2 where 4A and 4B share power so you don't want to plug into 4B while this guy is in 4A.
1661387030493.png

I would say this is just a strange accident if not for the fact the angle spaces have the official Tesla style striped low parking stop and are placed exactly right to reach the cables from behind. I wonder what the real plan is?

I would say this is just a strange accident if not for the fact the angle spaces have the official Tesla style striped low parking stop and are placed exactly right to reach the cables from behind. I wonder what the real plan is?
My boring guess is that the spots on the back side just have the curb stops to help protect the pedestals from being run into.

The backside parking spots are rarely needed for ICE parking. They had to protect the pedestals as mentioned above so Tesla provided the curbs to do that. It is not uncommon to see people charging off the back side.
Not just protection as the parking spaces are angled but aligned to make it possible to plug in. They can be repositioned but one option for the future would be to add a 2nd cable to each charger (or a 2nd charger in each slot) but in the second option the spaces are in the wrong place.