TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

SuperCharger Chico CA (Planned)

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Blup85, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Blup85

Blup85 Member

Hello all, was helping my mother plan a trip with her MS and came along the planned supercharger map on Tesla, which I haven't visited since Tesla announced massive expansion of the network. When to my surprise I found a little grey "planned" supercharger in my town of Chico here in northern California. This is awesome news of course, but I have to say I'm somewhat surprised. I'd like to think I had something to do with the site selection, due to Tesla tracking me with less than 5 miles of range as I come back from Sacramento Airport, but I doubt it. I have always thought Susanville would be then next spot in my area, but this may be the start of that leg to give access to Lassen National Forest. Or maybe this is the rapid expansion of the new urban SC with less charging power? I know there are a decent amount of Tesla's in town, nothing like the bay but not bad for a heavy Ag town like Chico.
    Anyway, glad to see it!

Edit
    for anyone who is tracking the "planned" map. has there been a steady increase for listed planned locations? just wondering how many planned locations have been added since the release of the expansion map.

• Like x 1
  2. Blup85

Blup85 Member

Ok, found the right thread tonight. There is just to much information that is pumped through TMC.. even when you filter "new posts" it doesn't tap enough to find the right thread. Apparently lots of additions as of late...but I'm still stoked we are getting a SC in our area, today feels like Christmas!