TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Chico (LIVE 18 Jun 2019, 14 Stalls)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by Blup85, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Blup85

Blup85 Member

So sorry to hear that. Downtown has some 40 amp Tesla chargers while you do some shopping and enjoy the good food downtown, as another option to the brewery.
    As far as the permit. Plan check is complete, fees paid and Tesla is actively progressing on it administratively ( getting contractors). I think you will see construction activity within a month or so.. hopefully.
    Best to you and your family, these are hard times in this area.

2. jdjammer

jdjammer Member

Thank you Blup85, I appreciate the update and your well wishes. I actually charged at the tap room today at lunch. I also have spotted the downtown chargers but haven’t charged there yet. Hard times indeed, but we will endure. If you see a black model 3 around town, it might be us. :)

Thanks!

• Like x 1
  3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. If the permit is approved, and you have access to it, can you reveal the location?

4. Blup85

Blup85 Member

I cant share signed design plans without consent, but the chargers are located between Target and the Del Taco, there is a decent amount of food within walking distance. If you have enough time, I'd recommend The Handle Bar for a beer and bite, Hulas is also a fun local dive/dining experience where you mix your own ingredients and they cook it for you. I typically stay away from franchises, In and Out being the exception :)
    20181212_072322.jpg
    Screenshot_20181212-072229_Maps.jpg

• Informative x 4
  5. Blup85

Blup85 Member

Construction has officially begun!
    Nothing exciting to see just yet. Clearing and grubbing mostly. They have also started saw cutting for trenching. No supercharging equipment on-site yet.

20190220_104358.jpg
    20190220_104417.jpg
    20190220_104603.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. Blup85

Blup85 Member

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. mattcrowley

mattcrowley Member

Pictures from my son (Chico State student). Not a lot more info to add from Blup85's photos, but why not share. :)
    IMG_20190221_180516.jpg MVIMG_20190221_180533.jpg MVIMG_20190221_180614.jpg MVIMG_20190221_180626.jpg

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  8. Blup85

Blup85 Member

Not much has changed. Heavy rain has stopped pretty much everything. Looks like the actual chargers have arrived. I doubt they are v3 chargers, but someone more familair might be able to see any size differences.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  9. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Well, if the rumored insider information that was first posted to reddit is correct (and if I'm interpreting it correctly), then I don't think this will be v3. That post mentioned better resiliancy to overvoltages. I took that to mean that one way they would save on costs was that they wouldn't need to install the smaller autotransformers (the small white boxes) to smooth against potential voltage excursions. As your pictures show the ATs already on-site, I'm interpreting it as a standard v2 installation. Of course, that's a caveat on a caveat--correct info? with good interpretation?--so, this could be total hokum. Regardless, I'm skeptical that just because Tesla is ready to debut their first v3 station, suddenly all the sites that are in construction or development will suddenly be v3.

• Informative x 1
  10. Timatpdx

Timatpdx New Member

Any idea when this Superchargers will be ready? I am planning a trip from Portland, Oregon in early June with a stop in Grants Pass and would like to make this the second stop if it is open in time. If not, I guess I'll have to stay on I-5 and use the one in Corning.

11. Blup85

Blup85 Member

I would be very surprised if it's not open by then. Assuming it stops raining the Project Manager told me 1 month..two weeks ago but it's been raining for two weeks.

12. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

At the Model Y reveal event, Musk said current Supercharger installations are being delayed so that they can get the new V3 chargers. It will be interesting to see if Chico gets them.

13. DenMan98

DenMan98 Member

Hey all. It's been 4 weeks since construction started. Any locals able to get updated pictures? I am planning a trip to Redding for Kool April Nights on April 25th. Really hope this is open by then! Fingers crossed! If not I can go through Yuba City.

14. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Active Member

I’ll be there in an hour and will post an update

15. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Active Member

Here are a few pictures. Still a ways to go on this one. Sorry about the crazy angles. I had to snap over the fences.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
  16. DenMan98

DenMan98 Member

Thanks ReddyLeaf. Looks like it's going slowly. I'll plan on going down 99 to Yuba City next month on my way home. I can do Truckee to Corning on the way there (downhill). Looks rainy over there still!

17. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Active Member

Yes, it was raining pretty good, but there were a few workers, so at least they are making some progress

18. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Any new photos of this one?

19. GuyHall

GuyHall Member

Here are a couple from 4/3.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  20. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Active Member

Looks like very little, if any, difference from my visit two weeks ago.