Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Childress,TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I barely made it to Amarillo today. I had charged up to about 72% in Childress, figured that should be enough distance to get to Amarillo. Then during drive it said I will end up with 12%. Then I saw it go down to 9% when I was halfway and thought, *sugar*, I'm going to freeze to death. Couldn't turn on heat so it was reading 55 degrees in the car.

Did not anticipate
  • temperature ended up in low 40s during the drive starting around 4pm
  • as a consequence of above, tire PSI down to 42-43
  • it was continually raining
  • +1500 feet elevation

I barely made it to Amarillo today. I had charged up to about 72% in Childress, figured that should be enough distance to get to Amarillo. Then during drive it said I will end up with 12%. Then I saw it go down to 9% when I was halfway and thought, *sugar*, I'm going to freeze to death. Couldn't turn on heat so it was reading 55 degrees in the car.

Did not anticipate
  • +1500 feet elevation
Welcome to the High Plains!!

• Funny
Reactions: Kohan and xilex

Did not anticipate
  • +1500 feet elevation
Did you forget the head winds? Because it's been my experience it is almost always blowing in this neck of the woods...

Did not anticipate
  • +1500 feet elevation

A cold rain with headwinds really nerfs a car’s range, even for gas cars. It happened to me in a Prius many years ago, then again in my MS when I drove into an unexpected snowstorm in South Dakota. I always charge a little extra just in case.

• Informative
Reactions: xilex