TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Chillicothe, Ohio

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Derek Kessler, May 25, 2018.

1. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

Not 12 hisho ago I emailed Tesla recommending Chillicothe as a prime location for a southern Ohio Supercharger. I'm not saying this is my doing, but I'm glad to see it happening. Eventually.

Chillicothe, OH | Tesla

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

This location, while a little bit off the normal travel routes, is really needed, as this part of the state is a complete charger desert. Glad to see this is happening.

• Like x 2
  3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Blast from the past! I stayed in Clillicothe every week when I was consulting at the USEC uranium enrichment plant in Piketon, OH for about a year. Interesting times, for sure.

4. Mweida

Mweida Member

This location fills a big hole! us35 is a pretty major route

5. GSP

GSP Member

I am really glad to see this planned. This really is a key location, enabling travel on multiple direct routes.

I am excited because this supercharger will make it easy to travel between the Dayton supercharger and Charleston, even during winter.

GSP

• Like x 1
  6. Petrlol

Petrlol Member

Anyone heard any updates? Or a location even? Going from central OH to southern and back in one day is a bit of a challenge at the moment.

7. Derek Kessler

Nothing yet. I expect it'll be someplace along Bridge St, but when is a big question.

8. BeanoBob

BeanoBob Member

Doesn't look like the Chillicothe Supercharger station is ready yet. I'm driving my Model 3 from Dayton to Charleston, WV on April 17, does anyone have recommendations for getting a small charge in between? Perhaps campgrounds? Thanks

9. Mweida

Mweida Member

Jeffersonville premium outlets has free L2

10. BlueRidgeksky

BlueRidgeksky Member

Hoping for this one soon....especially with the 75d.

• Like x 1
  11. BeanoBob

BeanoBob Member

Thanks - good to know since I don't think it's on Plugshare.

12. Big Earl

Big Earl bnkwupt

If it's a long range Model 3, you can make it on a single charge. Leaving Dayton with 90% should get you to Charleston with about 15% remaining, even while traveling at 10% over the speed limit. Charge to 100% and you have a solid 25% buffer to work with.

13. BeanoBob

BeanoBob Member

Thanks Big Earl, yeah I saw that and wouldn't be concerned if my day started in Dayton and ended in Charleston. I'm coming from Minneapolis and planned to stay overnight in Chillicothe or Gallipolis. It was the overnight drain I was thinking about, especially with Sentry Mode on. BTW if anyone has questions about traveling with an EV in the Minnesota area there is an active Facebook community to help - Minnesota Tesla Club

14. Atari2600

Atari2600 Member

Is this ever going to happen? It would be nice to be able to visit the general area and see family without having to bring my 50ft 14-50 extension cable and charge from someones electric range plug. And yes I actually do this.

• Like x 1
  15. Derek Kessler

Who knows? The cross-North Dakota route and north to Winnipeg have been on the "Target opening in [this year]" list for at least the past 3 years.

16. Petrlol

Petrlol Member

Amen to this! I have a 40lb cable in the sub trunk for my trips to Oak Hill. Brutal trip at Christmas time.

17. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

Hi all,

I'm headed up to Chillicothe this weekend (from Southeast Virginia) in my 2014 P85. Since the supercharger's not yet up and running, can anyone provide more detail regarding the L2 chargers at Jeffersonville Premium Outlets mentioned above? Odd that they're not on plugshare. Any info on location, pics, or status would be appreciated.

Thanks!

18. JRD1

JRD1 Member

I think they are referring to the ones near the intersection of I71 and 35 northwest of Chillicothe. If you’re coming from Virginia they wouldn’t be very helpful for you unless you’re looking to do some shopping too.

• Like x 1
  19. murse

murse Member

They are level 2 J1772 plugs. I looked up my last charge there (April this year) and over 1 hour and 23 min I got 26.89 miles of charge. They are 30a. located near the Tommy Hilfiger store on the north end of the mall.

I just looked them up and they are on Plug Share as well as Charge Point. They are free of charge as well

• Like x 1
  20. Atari2600

Atari2600 Member

They are also 208V and not 240V thus the 24A like charge rate. Tanger Outlets Columbus has the same setup. Free/208V