Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chilliwack, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I called and emailed the City of Chilliwack to get some more information on the Tesla Superchargers that are coming to Cottonwood Mall. It is confirmed that there will be a Tesla charger there and after calling the 2nd person, they sent me an email saying will get back to you in 3-5 days.

''The Development Permit that was issued for the Cottonwood Mall requires electrical vehicle charging stations'' (Tesla)

I am wondering if any other chargers like J1772? or just 6 Tesla chargers (250kW)

Thanks, guys,

- Felix

Attachments

• IMG_1473.PNG
    IMG_1473.PNG
    436.7 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_1480.PNG
    IMG_1480.PNG
    588.2 KB · Views: 196
has there been any progress here?
As of today, I checked while driving through Chilliwack, I drove around Cottonwood Center Mall and its entire parking lot, plus a couple other area's and I did not see any signs of anything that resembles charging infrastructure anywhere. Across the street, Chilliwack Mall had lots of construction, but it looks like a new restaurant or store being built in the parking lot. So if there's a window of opportunity, possible Superchargers might be there, but a bit unlikely at this point. Chilliwack SC's looks like a dud for now.

Hope has 22 stalls and Abbotsford has 12, so thru traffic is pretty much taken care of. Poking around on streetview it looks like the vast majority of residences have off street parking, so locals will charge at home: 6 stalls is a gift.
Never underestimate the demand. For example, Coquitlam supercharger is at an inconvenient location that requires multiple turns with traffic lights from the highway, and through a few businesses' laneway to reach. However, the 12 stall was full most of the time, sometimes with a few more cars waiting in line.

Never underestimate the demand. For example, Coquitlam supercharger is at an inconvenient location that requires multiple turns with traffic lights from the highway, and through a few businesses' laneway to reach. However, the 12 stall was full most of the time, sometimes with a few more cars waiting in line.
That's why Coquitlam is getting another station, Burnaby also, and 2nd station @ Richmond.

Because if chargers are there people will use them. Especially if they have no condo/ home charging.

Also the 2nd Surrey charger, on 156th & 104th at the new Save On Foods. Is going to be 6 stalls again, with room for expansion to 10/12 later.

Only 1km down the road, two blocks away from Guilford, but it is going to be V3, 300kW, and very direct off Hwy-1.

And the 2nd “Delta” charger will probably be 120th/80Ave, still undergoing agreements.

That's why Coquitlam is getting another station, Burnaby also, and 2nd station @ Richmond.

Because if chargers are there people will use them. Especially if they have no condo/ home charging.

Also the 2nd Surrey charger, on 156th & 104th at the new Save On Foods. Is going to be 6 stalls again, with room for expansion to 10/12 later.

Only 1km down the road, two blocks away from Guilford, but it is going to be V3, 300kW, and very direct off Hwy-1.

And the 2nd “Delta” charger will probably be 120th/80Ave, still undergoing agreements.
So where’s South Surrey lmao

Only 6 stalls? It sounds to me they are spending a lot of efforts for a small gain.
As Jesus once said, there's no pleasing some people.

Chain is:
0 Coquitlam - Lougheed Hwy, BC, 12 v3
42.7 Abbotsford, BC: 12 v3
38.5 Chilliwack, BC: 6 v3
49.8 Hope - Klassen Rd, BC 12 v3
Spacing is pretty dense, and I think people will naturally gravitate to locations with more stalls, leaving Chilliwack to those who need it or who're going for speed.

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Usage is tracked and they can always add on as necessary, eg Hope & Merritt were expanded due to use.
True but the actual process of adding capacity is often quite complex. Finding a willing landlord is often difficult, especially for locations where parking is in short supply. As well some locations have technical limitations such as local powerline capacity.

This is a excellent overview of site development (for California but mostly applicable to other jurisdictions):

California Supercharger Locations FAQ