Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chino, CA - Central & Walnut Shopping Center (permit, 38 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Information posted by Marco on Twitter.

38 stalls, assuming they will be V4 in Chino, CA

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
@bmah @Big Earl @tes-s @Chuq

Attachments

• IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 183
That's confusing, they are building those new V4 cabinets now. I would assume from now on, everything will be V4, unless the permits have to catch up with the change.
A lot of engineering time goes into building a supercharger, you don't just rip all that up and start from scratch. I'd bet we will still be seeing new V3 superchargers for at least another 18 months.

I was referring to several permits now filed mentioning the new V4 stalls, per Marco's twitter.
Those plans include both V3 and V4 charging posts in the drawings. And the "world's first V4" at Dateland, AZ turned out to be V3. Tesla is preparing plans for an eventual changeover but we don't know when it will happen. There is 1 V4 site in the world in Europe. I agree with @pb2000 18 months at the earliest which is about 12 more months from now. Tesla is more concerned with building out their infrastructure ahead of increased sales than developing the latest and greatest which are of no use until cars that could take advantage of faster charging are built. With the first handful of CT being delivered in the fall, V4 doesnt need to be ready til 2024. Retrofitting Magi Docks to V3 will cover allowing other makes to charge.

This has been marked pending admin review since 6/6/23 with no updates. That means it took 8 months from application to get to that point and now another 8 months and no updates. You can check the permit site for an update instead of driving around looking for construction. The permit needs to be approved and issued first.