Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chino Hills, CA (LIVE 21 Jul 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, that would be an excellent location.
I love that shopping center for dining (PF Changs, Woodranch Grill), fast food (Chipotle), and coffee (Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, across the street), to name a few. There's even a Trader Joe's there.
It would nicely cover the Hwy 71 corridor, and it's not too far from Diamond Bar and southern Pomona. Of course, Pomona is getting its own charger, but who knows where/when that will be.

Looks like the Target off Grand is getting the supercharger location for Chino

Looked up the location for the Chino Supercharger and it's listed at Peyton and Eucalyptus. Possibility near the Shoppes but having the Superchargers at the Target off Grand isn't a bad choice either.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 11.28.13 AM.png

it's listed at Peyton and Eucalyptus.

No, it's not. Tesla's grey location tags for the "coming soon" locations AREN'T tied to the actual planned install spots. Only the already completed superchargers are in the exact locations. The coming soon tags are just placeholder pins tied to the city/neighborhood. So, it places the pin wherever Google Maps puts the location for that place. In this case, wherever google marks the location of "Chino Hills". If you want to test this, ask google for directions from somewhere to Chino Hills. The end point will be exactly where the tag is. Also, you'll notice that the tags are placed right over the middle letter of the place names. So, while this indicates that Tesla plans to put a supercharger somewhere in or near Chino Hills, it doesn't give any information about exactly where.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and remlemasi
No, it's not. Tesla's grey location tags for the "coming soon" locations AREN'T tied to the actual planned install spots. Only the already completed superchargers are in the exact locations. The coming soon tags are just placeholder pins tied to the city/neighborhood. So, it places the pin wherever Google Maps puts the location for that place. In this case, wherever google marks the location of "Chino Hills". If you want to test this, ask google for directions from somewhere to Chino Hills. The end point will be exactly where the tag is. Also, you'll notice that the tags are placed right over the middle letter of the place names. So, while this indicates that Tesla plans to put a supercharger somewhere in or near Chino Hills, it doesn't give any information about exactly where.

Yes, I understand it's a placeholder which is why in my post I also stated it could be near the Shoppes or the Target shopping center off Grand as other local members has stated. Thanks tho.

Yes, I understand it's a placeholder which is why in my post I also stated it could be near the Shoppes or the Target shopping center off Grand as other local members has stated. Thanks tho.
Ok, but then why bring up "Peyton and Eucalyptus"? The supercharger has nothing at all to do with that intersection. Tesla's grey tag would be in the exact same location even if the planned install was down where the 71 meets the 83.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Looked up the location for the Chino Supercharger and it's listed at Peyton and Eucalyptus.
As @mociaf9 correctly pointed out, the map location of the gray pins for “Coming soon” Superchargers merely indicates the approximate geographical center of the relevant municipality. As far as I know the gray pins have never been where a Supercharger was actually constructed. So stating a gray pin location can only serve to confuse people.

This is purely a guess or speculation on my part. I was at Target over the weekend and saw the trees and bushes removed on either side of the main entrance into the parking lot. What are the chances the chargers are placed here? Looks like they might be getting ready for some trenching. View attachment 380624

Drove by today...looks like this was just revamp of the landscape...palm trees now installed

My in-laws live in Chino and we love taking our S on trips to visit (autopilot), but charging has been frustrating with Chino Hills and Ontario SC’s changing from “coming in 2018” to 2019. Their garage 120V plugs heat up and start failing quickly. We are wondering if we should have a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in their garage for our occasional (2-3 times/year) visits or if we should trust the 2019 estimate. Today I dropped the car off at a public golf course in Ontario for several hours plugged in @ 6kW.