Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chowchilla, CA (LIVE 27 Apr 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Community & Economic Development Director Hamilton noted that ... a Tesla charging location and Joe's Car Wash will be coming to the Save Mart shopping center.
Community & Economic Development Director Hamilton gave an update ... that Tesla and PG&E submitted site plan review applications for EV Charging Stations which were approved this past week, ...

What: Tesla is in planning for a new supercharger of unknown size right off the 99 at the Save Mart shopping center in Chowchilla.
Address: 1225 E Robertson Blvd, Chowchilla, CA 93610

GPS (guess): 37.126287, -120.247428

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

Plenty of room in that shopping center and easy on and off the freeway. I used to stop to charge at the EVGo there back in my Bolt days. Are we to assume this is the "Madera" supercharger? Or I guess it could be an unannounced location since that's happened before.

Drove by here yesterday. There is active construction going on in the dirt lot circled below. Very early on, just moving dirt and digging footings, but could be related.

I also know the economic director cited in the minutes above. I’ll connect with him and see if there are any more recent updates.

DA4DEA26-DF4A-400D-91A3-5F655DB259B7.jpeg

Drove by here yesterday. There is active construction going on in the dirt lot circled below. Very early on, just moving dirt and digging footings, but could be related.
My guess is that's for the car wash which was also mentioned as coming to the shopping center. But it certainly could be for the superchargers, especially if this is going to be a big station. My base expectation is for a station of 12-16 stalls, which isn't large enough to need a lot that size, but I could be wrong. The list of things I would ask the director about are: # of stalls, location of chargers in the center, and whether they've already applied for or been issued a building permit.

The construction I noted is indeed the car wash. I have a note out to the economic director asking about the supercharger status.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and mociaf9
Mark Hamilton, the city’s economic director says:

Thank you for the email. Hope you and the family are doing well. The car wash is what you see currently under construction. The 12 Tesla chargers are planned to be installed in front of Little Caesar’s Pizza. Tesla has pulled the permit, but has not started construction.

So. Who knows? On Tesla’s timeline I guess, but the permit is issued. I drive by this center almost daily, so will keep an eye out.

Last edited:
The new Tesla map update shows Chowchilla with an opening target of Q2 2022 (not sure if it was on there before or what date it might have had). I personally tend to read their target dates as which quarter to hope construction actually starts in, as opposed to when the site opens. But if they intend to hit their target, construction may have to start soon-ish.