Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chula Vista, CA (LIVE 4 Aug 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent! Dropped by last week to see if it was finally ready, but no luck.

Curious to see how much traffic this ends up getting. It'll be great on the trip down to Valle de Guadalupe, but it doesn't intercept any of the main freeways in and out of San Diego to the north or east. Might just end up being a great perk for South Bay folks without a home charger.

Reactions: Axtrader
True, not on 5 or 805 freeways, but pretty close.
The San Ysidro SC that's been "coming soon" for years should be closer to the main freeways for Mexican adventures.
I've seen some new non-Tesla chargers at the Las Americas Outlets but no sign of anything Tesla as of yet.
Excellent! Dropped by last week to see if it was finally ready, but no luck.

Curious to see how much traffic this ends up getting. It'll be great on the trip down to Valle de Guadalupe, but it doesn't intercept any of the main freeways in and out of San Diego to the north or east. Might just end up being a great perk for South Bay folks without a home charger.

Reactions: ybbor
image.jpg
We are LIVE LIVE !!

About 5 to 6 chargers are down on one end. There is a wait this evening as all of the Model X with free Superchargering are all charging to 100%, no has left in 1 hour.

Fred
Given that about half the chargers are down, it wouldn't be too surprising to learn that the ones still functioning are doing so poorly and only giving a very slow charge rate. If that was the case, it would also explain the slow turn-over instead of everyone just trying to charge to 100%.

i drove down from LA to visit someone (first time in SD) and went to this location since it was V3.

quite a few chargers are still down, and i see someone did tape some copied messages on the stalls saying to not bend or use the cable on this side since its the wrong way.

i got there at 230pm and it was packed. i got into the 2nd stall that faces the green transformer.

model 3 perf and i showed up with about 34%. i saw 250's for a little bit , then settled to like 170s.

i got up to 90 ish percent in about 45 minutes. i did charge to 100 and that took another 15-20. :p

sad to see it broken down so soon after opening a couple months ago..

Reactions: JeffnReno