Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cincinnati, OH (Marburg Ave.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
brisk this PM;empty at first ,then 3 added Model S and two Model 3;charge rate 197 mi/hr and KW57 seem fast?;Im a one month newbie
IMG_7489.jpeg
IMG_7483.jpeg

Reactions: Acps110
My Model S nav shows this supercharger on the map now. The Blue Ash supercharger red pin is gone from the map though.

I suspect the service center would like to reserve its SCs for its own use. They're delivering >100 new Teslas a week there, or at least were a couple months ago, so I assume they are in constant need of some fast-charging capability for pre-delivery prep, after-service recharging, and general support of on-lot cars. That said, I suspect you could still go charge there even without it being on the map.

The charge rate drops as your charge level increases. If that was from near zero, that's bad. If it was at 75%, not bad. I've seen nothing in the construction of this Supercharger station out of the ordinary that would indicate it'd offer higher-than-typical power.
I will add that I came in at a low battery and saw 397 mi/hr at the start of charge. That is the highest I have ever seen and I have been to about 250 different superchargers. About 350 mi/hr is usually the highest peak I experience.

Swung by on my way back from Kenwood to check it out this afternoon. Getting to the SC is kinda tortuous...lots of turns through backsides of the shopping plaza. But a lot of that is due to the weird interchange at Kennedy/Ridge. I plugged in and was disappointed to see a charging rate of 32 kW. Stuck around for a few minutes and changed stalls to see if it would pick up...nope. Only 3 other cars charging, so far from full. I didn't need the charge so it didn't make much difference to me, and I left after a few minutes, but I'm glad I don't rely on this one regularly.

I’ve charged at the new Oakley charger three times in my 3 and it has been slow every time. Fastest I’ve been able to get (w/ bat SOC @ 50%) was 120 m/h
Blue- Going forward, it will be more helpful to describe charging speed by the electrical power delivered in kW. Each vehicle type and each vehicle themselves achieves different levels of usage efficiency, i.e. the same amount of stored electricity will allow different ranges to be driven and therefore the kW--> mi/hr conversion is different for each car. Using the kW value (which is the same for every car) will avoid any potential confusion and be clear to each reader who can convert for their particular circumstance for themselves.

Just be sure not to confuse kW (a measure of power) with kWh (a measure of energy stored). :)

Blue- Going forward, it will be more helpful to describe charging speed by the electrical power delivered in kW. Each vehicle type and each vehicle themselves achieves different levels of usage efficiency, i.e. the same amount of stored electricity will allow different ranges to be driven and therefore the kW--> mi/hr conversion is different for each car. Using the kW value (which is the same for every car) will avoid any potential confusion and be clear to each reader who can convert for their particular circumstance for themselves.

Just be sure not to confuse kW (a measure of power) with kWh (a measure of energy stored). :)
And, of course, it is highly dependent on the SOC every instance. At 50% SOC I would expect a charging rate of 60-80 kW. It also depends heavily if someone is sharing the charger - e.g. if you were on 3A and someone is already on 3B, if they were charging at a rate higher than 60 kW, 80 kW for this example, you will get what’s leftover.

120 kW - 80 kW = 40 kW.

As the charge tapers (their SOC goes up) and charge rate goes down for 3B, the power available to you goes up. During that time, however, you may charge rate will mitigate as your SOC. This is why you will see gaps between cars at a Supercharger - veterans. If you pull into a Supercharger and it is exactly half capacity, ask who is nearly done (been there longest, highest SOC). There you will get your highest charge rate even on a shared charger.

Fastest I’ve ever had was 120 kW when on a long trip and I pulled into the SC with 3% remaining. Best sight ever.

Possible to reunite an owner with their lost fob, through Tesla or identifying info on or in the fob? Found it on ground next to the SC, says “Model X” on it (I am M3 owner, but nothing else, and don’t have a key fob or any familiarity with them). Quick search of forum wasn’t helpful to me, but perhaps there’s already postings about this.

Possible to reunite an owner with their lost fob, through Tesla or identifying info on or in the fob? Found it on ground next to the SC, says “Model X” on it (I am M3 owner, but nothing else, and don’t have a key fob or any familiarity with them). Quick search of forum wasn’t helpful to me, but perhaps there’s already postings about this.

I'd leave it exactly where you found it, or at least nearby on a curb. Chances are good the owner will realize he dropped it, and will return to pick it up. Very unlikely you will get a hit here on TMC. The vast majority of Tesla owners do not even know this forum exists.

I'd return it to a local Tesla service center. They will be able to determine what vehicle it belongs to (I think) and notify the owner. Of course they might not do that. I've lost several key fobs now and never been notified of any being found. Just felt like an idiot and bought a new one after a while.

There's construction going on in the next row of the parking lot. It looks like this location is expanding...
Here is a link to the permit. Cagis ezTrak-Record Details
Looks like more stalls but only 150kw

Not an expansion of the supercharger. This is going to be a new Electrify America station with 6 charging spots. The description in the permit doesn't match the way that superchargers are normally described in permits, but it does align with how I've seen DCFC stations from other charging station providers described. And a check of EA's map shows a future location planned for this Meijer.

Reactions: Brian-MS90D
Not an expansion of the supercharger. This is going to be a new Electrify America station with 6 charging spots. The description in the permit doesn't match the way that superchargers are normally described in permits, but it does align with how I've seen DCFC stations from other charging station providers described. And a check of EA's map shows a future location planned for this Meijer.
Yep, sorry for the mislead! Drove by today and saw the EA stations (installed but not turned on). It seems like an odd choice of location but maybe will offer overflow for Teslas once the CCS adapter becomes available.

It seems like an odd choice of location
EA has the same infrastructure needs and siting goals as Tesla and they are dealing with the same host business with the same limitations on suitable siting, so it's not that surprising that they end up in the same area. It happens fairly frequently that they end up side by side when both companies put chargers at the same site.

EA has the same infrastructure needs and siting goals as Tesla and they are dealing with the same host business with the same limitations on suitable siting, so it's not that surprising that they end up in the same area. It happens fairly frequently that they end up side by side when both companies put chargers at the same site.
I saw the new EA install going in recently as well. Cincy gas station chains must really be behind the times if EA is ending up at Meijer too. These Meijer fast charging locations suck for roadtrips. Off the highway, through a huge parking lot, no easily accessibly amenities. In PA and up north in Ohio we have Sheetz, GetGo putting fast chargers in which is a far better experience. Grocery store locations make sense for in-town drivers without home charging, so it's nice that they exist, but Cincinnati (and Indiana and Kentucky) desperately need some V3s at places like UDF and Thorntons as well.