Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cincinnati, OH (Marburg Ave.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A coworker said they saw a new supercharger going up in Cincinnati (Specifically Oakley east of Norwood) and I didn't believe them until I went to see for myself. It's not on the website for a "coming soon" location, there's absolutely no mention of it, but like the Supercharger in Dent (North West Cincinnati), it's not the first time an "off-radar" charger goes up.. Nobody else seems to have mentioned this so I wanted to start the thread.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20181018_105644.jpg
    MVIMG_20181018_105644.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 450
  • MVIMG_20181018_105745.jpg
    MVIMG_20181018_105745.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 266
A coworker said they saw a new supercharger going up in Cincinnati (Specifically Oakley east of Norwood) and I didn't believe them until I went to see for myself. It's not on the website for a "coming soon" location, there's absolutely no mention of it, but like the Supercharger in Dent (North West Cincinnati), it's not the first time an "off-radar" charger goes up.. Nobody else seems to have mentioned this so I wanted to start the thread.
Nice!

I just checked Cincinnati's online building permit portal. There was 1 permit applied for and then withdrawn in 2017 and then a second that was approved later last year. But a third was also applied for in 2018 and approved, so I'm not 100% sure but I'm assuming it's the 2018 permit that's the relevant one now. So, this's the building permit record for that application: Project/Case#: 2018P03426 at 4825 Marburg ave, Cincinnati; Applied 2018-04-24; Approved 2018-06-11

Description: Install Tesla Motors Supercharger electric vehicle charging stations including - 10 charging posts, 5 equipment cabinets, 1 transformer, switchgear, 1 20ft light

The previous applications in 2017 were for a 6 SC cabinet / 12 stall location, not sure why the change. But it's great to see that construction looks almost done already. @BlueShift

Surprise! That's right near me, and a good location right off 71 (though kinda close, in the grand scheme) to Blue Ash. I've driven past there a few times in the past several weeks, never noticed.

Also lends some credence to the reported Supercharger station going at the Eastgate Meijer. Seems Tesla and Meijer have a thing for each other.
Yes, I followed the development of the West Cincinnati supercharger as well, it was off-grid unmarked but popped into existence. Also, you are correct tesla and Meijer have a business agreement that Supercharger = More customers to Meijer and Meijer looks progressive having EV chargers *its a cycle*

Reactions: Chuq
Yes, I followed the development of the West Cincinnati supercharger as well, it was off-grid unmarked but popped into existence. Also, you are correct tesla and Meijer have a business agreement that Supercharger = More customers to Meijer and Meijer looks progressive having EV chargers *its a cycle*
I’d heard, but not gathered evidence to support that Fred Meijer was an early Tesla adopter. There has certainly been a connection between EV’s and Meijer going back to 2010. I have to Meijer/Tesla Superchargers in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.

First Tesla owner I ran into and talked to was at the Maumee Meijer charger. Drives a beautiful MS. Have run into him at a couple other Meijer locations. He is a director of outbound logistics(? I think) for Meijer. Pretty sure he was a driving force for the Meijer/Tesla supercharger partnership. I believe he convinced the CEO/Owner (not sure) to buy a couple Teslas and also convinced him to push for the Tesla semi.

It certainly must be a boon to him in his travels to the various Meijer locations; he always has a charging location!

It is interesting that this location popped up because it was not on the planned map that Tesla released earlier this year. I am not sure that they even have half of the planned locations started yet and unplanned ones like this one pop up.

I suspect it is due to the lack of amenities around the Blue Ash charger along with it often being fuller due to car deliveries and service work.

It is interesting that this location popped up because it was not on the planned map that Tesla released earlier this year. I am not sure that they even have half of the planned locations started yet and unplanned ones like this one pop up.

I suspect it is due to the lack of amenities around the Blue Ash charger along with it often being fuller due to car deliveries and service work.
Yeah, I drove past Blue Ash today and it was 6/8 full, even though there's nowhere near enough Tesla traffic through Cincinnati to fill that much Supercharger.

That said, the only dining establishment in immediate walking distance is (ugh) IHOP. Chick-fil-A and Raising Cane's are nearby, but aren't any way visible or obvious from that location (who goes *behind* the grocery to find food?).

I talked to one of the construction workers today because the entire area was cleaned up, he said the stalls would be going live TODAY November 13th but Duke Energy never showed up and therefore will be delayed several weeks. Duke has to install a transformer and a utility pole im told. Great, they LOOK like they are ready for charging its deceiving.

I talked to one of the construction workers today because the entire area was cleaned up, he said the stalls would be going live TODAY November 13th but Duke Energy never showed up and therefore will be delayed several weeks. Duke has to install a transformer and a utility pole im told. Great, they LOOK like they are ready for charging its deceiving.
Duke has their hands full right now trying to recover from an ice storm. They say they are bringing in crews from the Carolinas to get lines back up so I imagine getting the supercharger online might be delayed.