Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Soda Springs, CA (LIVE 8 Dec 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no grid issue here. The power coming to here and loading is just fine going back at least two months. It’s 1200 A switchgear which is plenty for the 12 stalls there as well as properly sized for the transformer there.

If your car is asking for a max of 50 kW or 75 kW here then that’s what the site will give based on battery temperatures and other parameters. The site will give what the car asks for up to the limit of the Tesla equipment.

Reactions: Mrbrock
Same problem with charging speed for me at this SC on two Tahoe trips . Including last night in the weekend travel chaos around chain control and the snow piled up making some stalls inaccessible.

To the guy in the white MS last night at 1030pm tugging so hard on the cable as to almost destroy that pedestal , yes it was a difficult night for everyone. But all you had to do was back in a few inches to plug the charger in. There was no snow obstruction in that stall behind the gas station.

I used that stall on my last trip and I thought it was just a bad stall. I’d be surprised if it’s still working after that abuse.

There is no grid issue here. The power coming to here and loading is just fine going back at least two months. It’s 1200 A switchgear which is plenty for the 12 stalls there as well as properly sized for the transformer there.

If your car is asking for a max of 50 kW or 75 kW here then that’s what the site will give based on battery temperatures and other parameters. The site will give what the car asks for up to the limit of the Tesla equipment.
I don’t think it’s the ambient conditions. Across multiple trips from Cupertino to Incline Village or Reno, our one stop option is Soda Springs or Truckee Soaring Way. I’ve arrived at both late evening in the snow with 10% left and Truckee charges like a bat out of hell, while Soda Springs ambles along.

I’d originally aimed for Truckee last night - I was compelled to stop at Soda Springs because of the absurdly bad traffic conditions from about Dutch Flat on.