Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cisco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a full Denny's restaurant inside the station. Beyond that, the convenience store seemed to have a pretty decent selection of truck stop style food. It's not the Collin Street Bakery, but it pretty good as Cisco goes. The only place within walking distance (across I20) is another convenience store, so not really worth it.

Nice to see progress on the Cisco Supercharger. Will make possible doing the several times a year round trip to Abilene and back in my Model 3 when it arrives into our lives.

For those familiar with the Abilene to DFW route, a new rest area is now open on I-20 overlooking "Ranger Hill", the sudden change in grade west of Strawn and east of Ranger. The westbound rest area has scenic views to the east as the hill falls away. Haven't tried the eastbound rest area yet, but it is further away from the hill.

Maybe someday EV road trips will be so common that chargers will be installed at rest areas.

I went out to Cisco yesterday and there has been no progress since someone went out there last week (must have been the local Facebook group-can't find the pictures here). The enclosure is done as well as the chargers and switching gear. Transformer is also in place (I didn't see if it was powered and metered) but where the pedestals should be there is only a concrete footer with two pipes sticking out with wires. I guess they either couldn't fit the pedestals into the shipping container or they always ship after the fact and just haven't shown up yet. Either way once they install the pedestals, power up and test it should be good to go. I just hope they can do all that in the next 10 days to keep their 7/22 opening date.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
At other sites, it has not appeared that there was much of a lag between installation of the various Tesla components (distribution centers, chargers and pedestals). It sounds like everything is ready for the pedestals, at least. Often an otherwise complete-appearing installation will sit for a while awaiting the transformer, which is supplied by the electrical utility. So it's particularly good news that this transformer is already in place. Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed!

New guy here and this is my first post. Happy to finally contribute something because I have found these discussions, linked via supercharge.info, to be really helpful. I just returned from a trip from DFW area to SE New Mexico. Would have loved to have been able to take my Tesla, but the chargers weren't quite ready in time. I did however venture by the Cisco SC location, it is nearing completion. The work crew wouldn't really disclose details, they were friendly but wouldn't tell me much. But judging by the appearance this location is almost complete. I will also post under the Sweetwater discussion, that one isn't quite as close but I do have some pics that I will post there.......
IMG_3426.JPG
IMG_3426.JPG
IMG_3427.JPG