Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cisco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I've slept in my car twice at the Abilene KOA and once (unplanned) in a seemingly abandoned motel in Cross Plains, TX courtesy of a crazy ice storm, sub-20 degree temps, and failure to check the weather forecast on my part. :) I was just hoping to not have to find a park, call to reserve, etc.

Speaking of not finding chargers, though...Am I doing something wrong on EVTripPlanner? Only SC's and some other L2's show up, but not all. E.g., the HPWC at the Abilene Hilton Garden Inn doesn't show up, nor does the Austin service center or Domain chargers. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
Austin service center and Domain chargers really aren't for routine public use.

True; But RV parks are typically 240v while hotels are usually 208v... so pick your 'poison' :(
True, but if you're staying at a hotel, you're not waiting for it, and you don't have to monitor it to insure it's still charging. RV parks are a good resource, I've used a number of them, but there are some trade offs. I've found the ones with cabins have better wiring than the ones that are just parking spaces.

Yeah, I've slept in my car twice at the Abilene KOA and once (unplanned) in a seemingly abandoned motel in Cross Plains, TX courtesy of a crazy ice storm, sub-20 degree temps, and failure to check the weather forecast on my part. :) I was just hoping to not have to find a park, call to reserve, etc.

Speaking of not finding chargers, though...Am I doing something wrong on EVTripPlanner? Only SC's and some other L2's show up, but not all. E.g., the HPWC at the Abilene Hilton Garden Inn doesn't show up, nor does the Austin service center or Domain chargers. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
The Nav system will only show SCs, Destination charging that Tesla supplies, and locations that you've already charged at. It won't show ones where the destination rolled their own.

Make sure that the lightning icon is selected to show the charging locations.

The Nav system will only show SCs, Destination charging that Tesla supplies, and locations that you've already charged at. It won't show ones where the destination rolled their own.

Make sure that the lightning icon is selected to show the charging locations.
I am actually one of the 5 owners in the world without Nav, haha. I was talking about the EVTripPlanner website. I know it pulls its list from other sources, I guess one of them isn't plugshare.

My wife went thru there today and here's a pic. Looks finished!
image2.jpeg

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Look closely, just behind the third supercharger. Overhead lighting still needs to be installed, inspected, signed off etc. It may still be another week or two. .....and please remember that supercharge.info gets most of it's information FROM.... TMC. It's been stated before.. no more circular fences! We report...from on the ground, accurate, complete information.....supercharge.info updates.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
It was that way when I went through there a couple of weeks ago if you look at the picture I posted on 7/22 in this thread. That is a close up of that concrete post. I didn't know what that was for, but lighting makes sense. The transformer and meter have been installed and on since 7/17, but I don't think one can use it yet.

It was that way when I went through there a couple of weeks ago if you look at the picture I posted on 7/22 in this thread. That is a close up of that concrete post. I didn't know what that was for, but lighting makes sense. The transformer and meter have been installed and on since 7/17, but I don't think one can use it yet.
You know, I really can see this whole installation just sitting, waiting for a lamp post. Remember how long Albuquerque sat waiting for a fence?

• Funny
Reactions: Fiver and nwdiver
Hate to seem ungrateful, but one picture does NOT tell the story of an inactive Supercharger (still under construction).

Please take and post multiple pics, including pads, transformer and meters.

One picture of the main portion of the Superchargers and the fenced equipment enclosure only shows that, and the detail bits are just as important to make everything operational.

God forbid (only) a missing lamp post and its installation is holding this location from being opened for operation.

I agree. It's always much better to see the transformer and meter and they often get left out. But I'm taking Justicepool's word for that. Sort of joking about the lamp post. Sort of. But it really did seem like it was that pedestrian fence (not the enclosure) in Albuquerque. Basically, I'm just impatient about I-20 and I-10. And I don't even live there. I can't imagine what it's been like for Texans...although I've heard a few impressive stories.

Hate to seem ungrateful, but one picture does NOT tell the story of an inactive Supercharger (still under construction).

Please take and post multiple pics, including pads, transformer and meters.

One picture of the main portion of the Superchargers and the fenced equipment enclosure only shows that, and the detail bits are just as important to make everything operational.

God forbid (only) a missing lamp post and its installation is holding this location from being opened for operation.

Look on page two at the three pictures I posted on 7/17. The transformer was installed and the meter was installed and turned on back then. The only thing not done was the concrete for the light pole. I came back through on 7/22 and the concrete was poured, but no light pole. Meter still on.

Look on page two at the three pictures I posted on 7/17. The transformer was installed and the meter was installed and turned on back then. The only thing not done was the concrete for the light pole. I came back through on 7/22 and the concrete was poured, but no light pole. Meter still on.

So Cisco has a transformer but no light pole and Sweetwater has two light poles but no transformer? *sigh* :(

Still nothing going on at Cisco. Meter is installed, not a single kWh used on it. Protective plastic still on the charge handles. Light pole still not installed. :(

Attachments

• tmp_11358-2016-08-11 23.46.49-1672277658.jpg
    tmp_11358-2016-08-11 23.46.49-1672277658.jpg
    903.3 KB · Views: 111
  • tmp_11358-2016-08-11 23.47.21-1795578398.jpg
    tmp_11358-2016-08-11 23.47.21-1795578398.jpg
    870.6 KB · Views: 107