Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cisco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the Cisco location today on the way home to DFW from Abilene. We make this run several times a year and I'm looking forward to when we can do it when our Model 3 arrives. The skies were gorgeous today after a whole week of completely unusual August rain. Made stopping to take a few shots irresistible! And thank you Model S owners who've confirmed that this station is up and running!

Cisco Superchargers.jpg
Cisco Supercharger Station.jpg

I used the Cisco Supercharger for the first time this past weekend on a return trip to Austin from the west coast. I first hit Amarillo as I was heading East, then the new Childress Supercharger (came online during my trip, so I wasn't able to use it on the way out), then Cisco, and finally drove all the way down 183 to Austin. Worked out great! Except getting pulled over by a state trooper for not having a front license plate along 183 (just received a warning, fortunately).

It's nice not having to go through Oklahoma when heading west! Now if they'd only get the I-10 route started..

I used the Cisco Supercharger for the first time this past weekend on a return trip to Austin from the west coast. I first hit Amarillo as I was heading East, then the new Childress Supercharger (came online during my trip, so I wasn't able to use it on the way out), then Cisco, and finally drove all the way down 183 to Austin. Worked out great! Except getting pulled over by a state trooper for not having a front license plate along 183 (just received a warning, fortunately).

It's nice not having to go through Oklahoma when heading west! Now if they'd only get the I-10 route started..

Whereabouts on the westcoast? Mind sharing the route you took? Thanks!

Any reason why it would not be possible to drive from Austin (Domain area) to Cisco on a full charge in a mod S P90D? Both EV trip planner and on-board Nav indicate about 40-50 miles left (out of 261 miles full 'tank') under nominal conditions driving US183. Just want to make sure...

Any reason why it would not be possible to drive from Austin (Domain area) to Cisco on a full charge in a mod S P90D? Both EV trip planner and on-board Nav indicate about 40-50 miles left (out of 261 miles full 'tank') under nominal conditions driving US183. Just want to make sure...

The only way you'd have a problem is in the event of extreme weather (cold, wind, and/or snow on the roadway). In normal conditions, the only way you'd have a problem is with extreme speeding (80+
mph).

The only way you'd have a problem is in the event of extreme weather (cold, wind, and/or snow on the roadway). In normal conditions, the only way you'd have a problem is with extreme speeding (80+
mph).
I agree. You can watch your energy consumption graph (including the difference beween its "predicted range" and the "rated miles" on the dash) and/or your predicted charge% (on Nav if you put in the route). I had not driven at 80 mph or more in my older 70D until a recent trip to Colorado. (Despite a couple of trips to AZ, this was my first trip on roads with 80 mph speed limits.) Especially at temperatures under 40 F, the difference in consumption between 75 and 80 mph was significant. With my smaller battery, I would not have made between the Twin Falls ID and Tremonton UT (superchargers at 80 mph, but dropping to 75 (and to 70 for part of the westward uphill return) left me with a comfortable margin.

Twin Falls to Tremonton was definitely my biggest energy hog leg. It was late January, 0F with 80mph speed limits and I was in a hurry so set the cruise to 90mph and I was burning approximately 2 rated miles for every real mile lol. I had a nearly fully charged S90D leaving Twin Falls with about 280 rated miles. As it turns out I would have barely made it anyway (IIRC there's a slight downhill portion just before Tremonton), but I turned off the heat for a couple 15 minute spells as I was worried about my range and not wanting to slow down. I had bundled up with a couple jackets prior to leaving Twin Falls just in case this became an issue.

IMG_1927.jpg
View attachment 223347 View attachment 223346

I have done this trip in my 75D with 3 passengers driving the speed limit without any issues. I averaged 346 Wh/m.

Last edited:
Tesla was reporting only 4 stalls available when I was there yesterday though I didn't check each one. One stall had been backed/driven into so my guess is that it knocked out some of the chargers. Additionally someone had left a HOS golf cart sort of thing in the way of stall 1A (sitting on scrap wood, I think it was, as it was missing a wheel). You can still charge as long as it's not crowded.

Edit: Also, why the heck is the location for the supercharger inside the building on google maps? It often ends up getting obscured by the "denny's" marker, depending on your zoom level etc.

You can move the pin in google maps. Do "suggest an edit" and under the address there is an update pin location option.

I've never been there and sat imagery is outdated, so someone who has visited and can apply a good guess should do it.

I took a road trip from Dallas to El Paso for Thanksgiving. On my way back to Dallas, I stopped at the Cisco location and it was chaos.

Out of all the stalls, only 2 cars were Telsas parked at the stalls. Only 4 of the stalls had Tesla parking only signs, while the others had 30 minute general parking signs.

IMG_20171125_145038.jpg

The 4 stalls that were Telsa parking only: 1 stall blocked by cart, 2 where used by employees while they worked their shifts, and I parked in the other (see attached photo).

Should I send this photo to Flying J's to report this issue?

• Informative
Reactions: DriverOne
Employees parking in Tesla spots is pretty common at hotels where ICEing is a problem. That allows them to move their car if needed -- basically like putting a cone there, sorta. Not saying that is what is happening here. Personally I think this is a bad practice, as it lets other ICE drivers look at the situation and decide it must be OK to park there. Also, the 30 minute general parking concept is flawed for the same reason. People will not notice that the signs are different.

At that particular location it is doubtful people would park there for long, except employees.